2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Illinois OPERNER..

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 6 months ago #13611

Chief I hope you get that 10 pounds. The last 2 days for me have been the worst of the season, 11.8 and 4.8 oz.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 6 months ago #13614

Cheif

For the length of your season so far you have really hauled it in....10 lbs in 3 weeks or so is flat digging some seng....Hope you dig a sack full today:woohoo:

SengNveins

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 6 months ago #13618

Len,I hope things pick up for you.thanks Veins,I took an early morning hunt got 17 oz..going one more time at least..I hate to hang the digger up for the year but one hard rain and it will be gone ..70 % chance of rain tomorrow for here..good luck guys..

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 6 months ago #13623

Cheif

Good job on your dig.

What I thought would be a light dig today turned out to be a pretty good haul....I found a draw that I have been missing for the last 7 or so years....Thanks to the eye in the sky Google Earth....dug 41 oz in a un tapped draw that was less than 500 yards long, found it on both sides one facing east and one facing west....41oz in about 3 hours, one of my better days for the length of hunt, found em in all conditions.

SengNveins
Attachments:

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 6 months ago #13624

pic
Attachments:

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 6 months ago #13625

pic
Attachments:

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 6 months ago #13635

very pretty roots Veins..congrats on the dig.alot of the plants here are looking like the top pic. you posted....I'm getrting rain right now..:angry:

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 6 months ago #13647

Way to go! Great eye spotting those fat dead stems.

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 6 months ago #13649

headed out this morning for what could be possibly the last hunt for this year...

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 6 months ago #13657

well I thought the yellow fever was about to pass,but I could feel my temp. rising this morning...went to a 5 acre patch with heavy undergrowth..still had plants hanging on..41 oz....

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds

Who's Online

We have 134 guests and no members online

Login