2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Illinois OPERNER..

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 7 months ago #13007

S-Veins I hope you have some luck.hope you find wetter ground too..Its terrible dry here...the ones in the deep dark shade are hurting now..

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 7 months ago #13009

Cheif

I did get out for a few hours today....found only 8oz....it was in heavy undergrowth with thick canopy, tuff to see....Im not finding anything off the bottoms but wilted tops and stems, you could darn near cough and blow them away......Good luck to ya!

SengNveins

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 7 months ago #13029

Simply some awesome looking root you've dug Chief! Nice character to those ones.

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 7 months ago #13056

didn't get to go yesterday,by thunder I'm going today,raining here at a moderate clip,with some wind .this will it end it for a lot of plants here..son got us permission for a big woods yesterday,he got a couple hundred yards into it yesterday and dud a pound and a half..said it looked like it went on for another 3/4 of a mile..I have high hopes for todays hunt....

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 7 months ago #13066

Its with some sadness that I have to say,,its mostly over here after today..I'v had about an inch and a half of rain [pounding rain]and it was accompanied by a 30 mph wind..you could literally see the seng melting way today in the woods..I may go another time or two,to get a few more to round my weight off,I had a good time with the son in the woods today.....I had 36 oz.and the boy had 28,didn't dig all that many plants but they were of good quality.....couldn't count all the scars on this one... ....a double steam'er..... ....the roots were nice sized and so were the plants...

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 7 months ago #13085

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Very nice haul Chieftian just a great day thats alot of seng for any one i tell you that :)

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 7 months ago #13087

yea we had a pretty good day of it,it was the son's spot,he got us permission to go there...this is the shortest season I can remember in my 40 years of digging....our season didn't start till Sept.the 3rd..today's the 15th..and its basically over..12 days..I guess that makes up for last year when I was still seeing plants the week before thanksgiving..

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 7 months ago #13103

grubbed out 21 more ounces today.mainly stalks and the berry stems today..the wind and rain yesterday took its toll on them..found 2 plants today that had any faint of green to them..rest were stems with one or two leaves left on some of them or none..............

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 7 months ago #13121

Chieftain, found 35.6 oz. today, most was in pretty good shape. Going to check a couple more hollers in that same area tomorrow.

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 7 months ago #13132

congrats ,thats a good days digg'en ,Len I hope those other hollers produce just as good,and I'm glad to hear your plants are holding up

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds

Who's Online

We have 170 guests and no members online

Login