2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Illinois OPERNER..

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 7 months ago #12918

got out for 3 hours this morning...25 oz..hot here today..and hotter tomorrow

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 7 months ago #12941

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Congrats on a good haul Chief

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 7 months ago #12946

got a half inch of pretty hard rain this afternoon,,anxious to see how it held up ..may go tomorrow..

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 7 months ago #12949

You're getting quite a pile built up. Congrats Chief! Good luck to you. I haven't gotten out for several days. Hoping to get out 4 a short trip 2morrow afternoon.

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 7 months ago #12953

5prong wrote:

You're getting quite a pile built up. Congrats Chief! Good luck to you. I haven't gotten out for several days. Hoping to get out 4 a short trip 2morrow afternoon.

me too.might get to go longer if I can get it worked out...

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 7 months ago #12996

its been a long time since I dug a 5 oz. root..and I guess it will be awhile longer ..the one touching the 20 is 4.97 oz...the other two are 3oz. apiece... ...sure would have like to seen how big that one would have got in good soil..it took me 20 min.'s to get out the hard pan clay it was encased in.just about like going out and trying to dig a hole in your driveway..33 oz. today... ...

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 7 months ago #12997

Two 3 0z. roots and one 5 0z. all in one trip. Thats really something. Dug 26 oz. today but no big ones like that.

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 7 months ago #13002

Chief,

Glad you are still able to find some, and some nice ones too.

After my last trip - 7 hours and finding only 6 diggers I decided to let em go until next year. Only a very small % of ours still has a top standing at this point.

If I do get out and find a few more I will most likely just transplant them to a good location nearby for seed production.

About the time our seng played out my 9 year old all of a sudden got a BIG interest in hunting. I have been taking him squirrel hunting every chance we get and Sunday dinner I had a good mess of fried young grey squirrel, gravey and mashed potatoes and home made biscuits (Oh Man !!!) and it was one my son killed to boot.

Don't get much better than that !

Now I just got to get him interested in hunting seng.

I do plan on getting him to help me plant some stratified seed in a few more weeks (got 2 lbs of seed ordered for delivery at end of September).

Hope you keep on finding em !

TNhunter

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 7 months ago #13004

thanks men,Len it sounds like you had a good day yourself Len ,TN one hard rain and I'll be done too. you can almost see them melting away..you can't beat a meal like you described.cant get food like that at Mcdonalds...

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 7 months ago #13005

Cheiftian

Man you are really huallin it in....Awesome looking roots my man.....here in Northern Middle Tn it is about over.

I have a day trip planned to Jackson county Tn gonna try to find some seng.....maybe they have had a wetter season than we have had.

Hope it holds out for you cheif

SengNveins

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds

Who's Online

We have 95 guests and no members online

Login