2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: heart breaking..

heart breaking.. 12 years 7 months ago #11697

went to scout a woods today..season is still 15 days away..low and I mean LOW and behold,someone had dug a good amount of root in that woods..dug everything.even the 3 inch tall ones..they did dig some nice ones too..plants weren't even wilted yet..if I would have caught them I would have called the warden..I just don't understand when people do that..it would have been bad enough they started early but to dig all the small ones .I just don't get it..I consider those guys a bunch of^#$%&(#@$ lowlifes..

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:heart breaking.. 12 years 7 months ago #11698

That really is too bad. too bad you didn't catch them!

Re:heart breaking.. 12 years 7 months ago #11704

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
:(

sory brother

:(

Chieftain wrote:

went to scout a woods today..season is still 15 days away..low and I mean LOW and behold,someone had dug a good amount of root in that woods..dug everything.even the 3 inch tall ones..they did dig some nice ones too..plants weren't even wilted yet..if I would have caught them I would have called the warden..I just don't understand when people do that..it would have been bad enough they started early but to dig all the small ones .I just don't get it..I consider those guys a bunch of^#$%&(#@$ lowlifes..

Re:heart breaking.. 12 years 7 months ago #11707

it aint so much they start early as it is the digging of all the plants big or small..kinda like a timber buyer clear cutting a whole woods..no selective harvest ..its all harvest..

Re:heart breaking.. 12 years 7 months ago #11712

Sorry Chief
I've never understood this other than it boils down to greed and short minded thinking. If guys would just wait till season, plant the berries, and only dig the mature plants there would be so much more for everyone. It will probably always be this way. It seems like there are always lowlifes out there who would even steal from their mama to make a buck.

Re:heart breaking.. 12 years 7 months ago #11714

I hear you Chief!

Some people just don't care. I've seen this happen a lot. You try to educate people about ginseng harvesting it makes them angry. Their excuse is some one will dig it before they do.

If all the dealers would reject all small illegal roots, this might help but a lot of times they will buy the batch for a lower price and discard the small after the digger has left.

It's just a D--- shame!!!

rootman

Re:heart breaking.. 12 years 7 months ago #11717

Rootman and 5, I'am going back to that woods today ,hoping they dug enough to make it worth their while to come back.going to set up a couple of trail cam.'s to see if I can get a pic. of these guys..theres at least 2 of them by the boot prints in the creek...

Re:heart breaking.. 12 years 7 months ago #11718

Sorry to hear about the losses..I'd still report it.Maybe the law can stop them at another patch before season....

Got to love greed...No matter if it's hunting,fishing or what ever you always got those types out there....

Re:heart breaking.. 12 years 7 months ago #11721

Sorry to Hear about your Patch.They Hit my Patch Last year to get them some Drugs.I hate Druggies.:angry:

Re:heart breaking.. 12 years 7 months ago #11724

Bub i hate to hear that i really do. I don't know why they want to do that. If they would practice good stewardship not only would they be more they would even be more money to make and then they could go and buy them some more dope.

One saying i always hate to hear is that place has been dug out. Just like the other evening i came home from digging cohosh and my father asked me how much seng i fount and i told him only three plants and he said the following, THat place has been dug out. Yes it has but i told him had everyone had practiced good stewardship their would have been plenty of big seng in their. But it goes back to being greedy go figure.

I fount a place like that last year every baby and two prong they came to had been dug. If they would only take the time out to look at a baby after it had dried out i would say it would take probably close to a thousand baby bunches of seng to make a pound or even close to a pound.

But i don't know what to do just other than practice good stewardship myself and also something i am going to do this year is to take some of my extra seeds out into the hills and plant some myself. I would love to see some of these hollers back with all kinds of seng in them.

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds

Who's Online

We have 112 guests and no members online

Login