2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: heart breaking..

Re:heart breaking.. 12 years 6 months ago #12377

That news has to be bittersweet. Hopefully those guys will learn their lesson, but that seng patch along with what other ones they've hit are still wiped out for a number of years.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:heart breaking.. 12 years 6 months ago #12393

I hear you 5 ,it was to late for all those spots they hit before season...maybe it will put an end to their early digging..and when word gets around maybe it will slow some of those other early diggers down...or at least have them looking over their shoulders....

Re:heart breaking.. 12 years 6 months ago #12413

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Good job Chieftain

Chieftain wrote:

I hear you 5 ,it was to late for all those spots they hit before season...maybe it will put an end to their early digging..and when word gets around maybe it will slow some of those other early diggers down...or at least have them looking over their shoulders....

Re:heart breaking.. 12 years 6 months ago #12415

Chiefton,

So sad that this happened to one of your spots.

But... GLAD you got to help bring those low lifes to justice.

TNhunter

Re:heart breaking.. 12 years 6 months ago #12419

Way to go! Chieftain

Catching these guys will have to help. It will surely send a message to other poachers.

I try my best to educate diggers about the long term survival of ginseng and sustainability of hunting and digging. A lot of deaf ears? Probably.

rootman

Re:heart breaking.. 12 years 6 months ago #12421

Chieftain

Congrats....I hope things get better for you in future seasons.I'm glad something was done and didn't get put on the back burner...

Congrats again...Frank

Re:heart breaking.. 12 years 6 months ago #12436

frank, I'm interested to see who it was ,it had to be some one from right around my area..

Re:heart breaking.. 12 years 6 months ago #12440

Chief

Maybe this will be a lesson learned from some of those who pick early.Yea keep us posted...I wonder what the fine are going to be????

Re:heart breaking.. 6 years 9 months ago #39958

Whitjr wrote: This greed is why the plant is endangered in many states of it's original range. Maybe people thaink that 'cause they didn't plant it like on a farm-- tha it's OK to take everything. The whole context of \"good stewardship\" is too advanced for some people....

This right here is exactly right. Good stewardship goes over their head. They just can't understand the simple concept of it and how following a few rules will make it more fun and more profitable for the future for everyone.
I truly believe that in order to reign in the poaching and digging everything they see, it has to start at the dealers. If they don't buy it, then these punks will have to find another way to make money. When they catch someone buying this illegal ginseng, they need to set an example and prosecute them to the fullest extent!
Also the same if they catch them poaching it.

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds

Who's Online

We have 460 guests and no members online

Login