2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: getting excited now boys!

getting excited now boys! 12 years 7 months ago #11348

I saw TNhunters post about scouting this morning and saw those pics of seng plants that they posted and just had to get out in the woods and see what I could see. Now, I know this hollow very well and know where most of the seng is in it, but Still stumbled accross a few bunches that i didn't know was there. I found and planted 3 red berries today. Most are all still green, but I figure most will be red by opening day (sept. 1st). I also found some new babies that are up from some berries that I planted 3 years ago this fall. Several 4prongs were spotted today and I believe that at least a couple of these are going to be moving this fall:) Here are some pics guys
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:getting excited now boys! 12 years 7 months ago #11349

Here is 3 3prongs all bunched up together
Attachments:

Re:getting excited now boys! 12 years 7 months ago #11350

some babies. I planted seeds (ripened berries)3 years ago this fall. Couldn't find any here last fall. It's possible I didn't see them, but I'm pretty sure they wern't there last year. I've seen planted berries germinate their 1st spring, and now if I am right these ones chose to wait till their 3rd spring to emerge. That 18 month thing must just be an average:laugh:

Re:getting excited now boys! 12 years 7 months ago #11351

Sorry, forgot to attach the pic.
Attachments:

Re:getting excited now boys! 12 years 7 months ago #11352

This one's had a tough year. Only two leaflets left. This was a 3prong. That little plants is giving all it has to get those berries ripe before it shrivels up for the year. I found those 2 red berries and 1other berry that was ripe on a different plant.
Attachments:

Re:getting excited now boys! 12 years 7 months ago #11353

I found several that had been munched on. There are lots of deer and turkeys around here.
Attachments:

Re:getting excited now boys! 12 years 7 months ago #11354

another 4
Attachments:

Re:getting excited now boys! 12 years 7 months ago #11355

last and this time the least.... Here is the smallest 3-prong I have EVER seen!
Attachments:

Re:getting excited now boys! 12 years 7 months ago #11356

Very nice 5!!!

Re:getting excited now boys! 12 years 7 months ago #11357

Nice pics! I've been scouting a little too. Found one of the biggest 4-prongs I'd ever seen; tall with a stalk like a pencil. We had rain the last couple days and I noticed all the seng perked up a bit. Still only seeing green berries here.

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds

Who's Online

We have 520 guests and no members online

Login