2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: getting excited now boys!

Re:getting excited now boys! 12 years 8 months ago #11359

5prong wrote:

last and this time the least.... Here is the smallest 3-prong I have EVER seen!

That looks like a Dwarf Ginseng.If so it will have a round root like a little jaw braker candy....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:getting excited now boys! 12 years 8 months ago #11361

Oh yeah, I'm getting excited as well. I went out today and dug some cohosh and blood root and found 5 4 prongs all bunched up and several smaller (but still NICE) 3 prongs scattered around. All the 4 prongs had some excellent berry wads, which were all still very green. I might (that's a BIG might) transplant them to my seed bed. I just gringe at the thought of loosing them thou. I will have to ponder it some more.

Re:getting excited now boys! 12 years 8 months ago #11364

Maya and ED - Thanks guys

Hunter, 5 4-prongs right close together, Yes man that should get a fellow a little excited. Congrats on the find!

Hunter wrote:

Oh yeah, I'm getting excited as well. I went out today and dug some cohosh and blood root and found 5 4 prongs all bunched up and several smaller (but still NICE) 3 prongs scattered around. All the 4 prongs had some excellent berry wads, which were all still very green. I might (that's a BIG might) transplant them to my seed bed. I just gringe at the thought of loosing them thou. I will have to ponder it some more.

Re:getting excited now boys! 12 years 8 months ago #11366

FTB, I am pretty sure this is regular ginseng (not dwarf), but it is very small and I'm sure that root will be tiny as well. I've run across small seng like this before just not quite this small. If I can locate this one again in September I'll dig it just so we can see fore sure. I dug a couple of similar looking plant a couple of years ago that had 20+ growth scars and it would have taken 50 of them to make an ounce (green weight)

Re:getting excited now boys! 12 years 8 months ago #11367

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Thx for sharing 5 it is getting closer.

Re:getting excited now boys! 12 years 8 months ago #11374

I'm looking forward to getting into planting this year as well. Especially after seeing what you guys are finding. I went for a walk on Sat in the deep woods, didn't see anything... however I really didn't expect to either, around where I live.

Re:getting excited now boys! 12 years 8 months ago #11378

5 ,I've been scouting ,got less than 30 days now..lots of green berries here...and the spider webs are the worst I ever seen..

Re:getting excited now boys! 12 years 8 months ago #11379

Oh Man I hate those Spider webs.I really Hate the Ones with those Damn Spiny Backed Spiders in them.:angry: I went to check on my Wild Plants the other day and ran into one probably every 3 feet.:angry: :angry:

Re:getting excited now boys! 12 years 8 months ago #11381

I got a few located,now if the early diggers don't find them first... ..found these the other day squirrel hunting.... ...got some nice plants in this woods..

Re:getting excited now boys! 12 years 8 months ago #11387

Looks nice Chief! In that first pic is that one plant or are there 2 of them growing together? Looks like 2 of them there, but kinda hard to tell from the pic. Hope they all stay hidden from the early diggers. Funny you should mention that because that hollow I was in yesterday taking pics had someone come through early 3 years ago. Dug what may have been the biggest 4-prong I'd ever seen (about 2 foot tall and a stem nearly as big around as my index finger with 7-8 leaves on each prong). Plumb pissed me off. Whoever it was didn't dig many plants,but took most of the bigger ones.

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds

Who's Online

We have 493 guests and no members online

Login