2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Price Drop In Ky

Re:Price Drop In Ky 13 years 4 months ago #7907

• Billy
  • Billy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
triton wrote:

Glad to see everybody seems to have gotten a good price out of the root.
Just wondering if all you other guys hunt or use to trap fur ?
I know i use to coon hunt and trap and chief coon hunts but how bout everybody else?
Seem like a trend or something going on here...lol
Maybe we all just love the woods and outdoors....

Triton the only thing I like to do more in the Mountians than hunt deer is ginseng hunting,,,my 2 boys also love deer hunting,my oldest son Bill loves deer hunting better than ginseng hunting ,,but I forgive him LoL :) but seriously we all love to hunt,fishing also....I have never done any traping,or coon hunting,but alot of my friends do and have....

Here is a photo of Calebs Buck I me and him scouted this buck out before rifle season opened and set up a blind to hunt from,,we saw him the first morning but didnt get a shot,,the 2nd morning he didnt come out,,then Monday morning before time for Caleb to go to school he steped out and Caleb took a 100 yard shot and droped him in his tracks....

Me and L.Bill are still searching...we let small bucks walk every year,waiting for the right one :)

Here is Calebs 2010 Buck a nice 8 point deer for a 12 year old,,he is tickled real good....
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Price Drop In Ky 13 years 4 months ago #7908

Nice Buck!!!! Nice big large points too. It's great to see your son learning about nature. It is good to see young men like your son enjoying the outdoors verses staying in the house playing video games like so many young people do. You are a good Dad for sure to teach your son these healthy activities.
Latt

Re:Price Drop In Ky 13 years 4 months ago #7909

Triton,

I used to do a lot of trapping back around 1978-1988 timeframe.

Here is a old pic of me from 1987 and my trapping partner with a nice haul from a 14 mile trapline stretch on the duck river over in Maury Co.

We caught 101 coons in 3 weekends that year on the Duck river.

Now that was back in the good ole days of trapping.

I used to do a lot of deer hunting, killed nearly 200 with bow/arrow, but now days mostly hunt turkey and fish and of course seng :-)

TNhunter

Attachments:

Re:Price Drop In Ky 13 years 4 months ago #7910

dandy buck ,congrats..ran a small line out yesterday..heres what I had this morning..

Re:Price Drop In Ky 13 years 4 months ago #7911

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Thans Guys,

Great photos Tn and Chief,,,,,,,

Re:Price Drop In Ky 13 years 4 months ago #7913

Billy,

That is a nice buck your son got there. I am sure he is proud of that one and bet old Dad is proud of his son too :-)

I bet his little heart was \"thumpin\" good about the time he got the shot off on that buck.

Chief,

Here in TN the price is so low - I just can't get into trapping them anymore.

I checked the TN Fur Trappers Assn auction results for last year and 46 coon sold at a average price of 3.60, 12 grey fox for average price of 6.26.

To me that would be like selling a pound of seng for 50.00 - I just can't do it.

Just wondering what State is it that you trap in and about what do you get for coon/rat/fox now days ?

Thanks

TNhunter

Re:Price Drop In Ky 13 years 4 months ago #7914

Well Tn. it sure aint the glory days of the 70's for sure..I skin everything,but don't stretch and dry them anymore..the bright spot here in ILL. is the rats..$7.00 for those, a guy could get upwards of $9.00 for put up rats..coons around $10.00.. fox around 15.00..mink about $15.00....ain't seen a grey fox here around home for 10 years I bet..yotes catch'em and eat them..:angry:

Re:Price Drop In Ky 13 years 4 months ago #7975

Hey guys been awhile since i have been on so howdy to all. Anyways me and ol terry are getting the ol traps ready as we speak. I will have to put some pics on here later. Also billy tell caleb great buck and guys i had to sell a little earlier than i wanted to this year was wanting to wait it out and just see how the market went. But me and Terry cant complain we got 700 a pound for it. We also sold some green seng back in the year and did great with it also. So all in all was a great seng year. I also just wanted to let everyone know i called today and the price i got was 640 a pound still a great price but it does look like its going down but i do believe it will go up around end of december we will just have to wait and see. So good luck to all who still hasn't sold and hope everyone had a good thanksgiving it may be awhile before i get back on so i hope everyone the best and hope u all the best during the holidays.

Re:Price Drop In Ky 13 years 4 months ago #7977

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Thanks Guys

The ginseng over here is $608 and there is only 2 buying it....

It droped fast here.

Re:Price Drop In Ky 13 years 3 months ago #7980

Guys, nice photos! And congrats to Caleb!

In Maine the Big price furs last year were Fisher $65+ and Pine Marten $70+. But the bag limit on Pine Marten is 20.

classicfur

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds

Who's Online

We have 355 guests and no members online

Login