2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: prices

Re:prices 8 years 6 months ago #37315

actually they are out there. Plants that stand knee high or taller. Yes they are out there. Look in places you do not normally dig seng. You will be surprised (perhaps) on what you find. :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:prices 8 years 6 months ago #37322

Anyone else hearing anything on prices and what the Chinese buyers are doing?

Re:prices 8 years 6 months ago #37329

Chinese buyers not saying much yet . The market is saturated with below average roots only demand at this point is for above average or select roots.

Re:prices 8 years 6 months ago #37337

knob wrote:

Chinese buyers not saying much yet . The market is saturated with below average roots only demand at this point is for above average or select roots.

Same thing I'm hearing.

Re:prices 8 years 6 months ago #37340

I sold a few average or below average roots last week. I thinned some of my beds out and did not get a chance to replant it on account of a small emergency.I got $150 for green here in wnc, When I apologized for bring in such sane my dealer said it was great compared to this and then showed me a pile.I could not believe,said this is what folks are bringing. If that was the best I could do I would get a job at micky dees. 80 percent of that pile should still be in the ground,It was proably all legal in age but such a waste.I may take a few years off from diggin instead of just this year.

Re:prices 8 years 6 months ago #37342

Very interesting wise1.
It just doesn't make sense people digging small roots.
We might be seeing 1990's prices for a couple of years because of China's economy.

Re:prices 8 years 6 months ago #37346

rootman wrote:

We might be seeing 1990's prices for a couple of years because of China's economy.

Well, then again, if the quality keeps going down as the quantity goes up.....

Re:prices 8 years 6 months ago #37347

Im confused by the whole China stock market crash. I understand the market dropped dramatically but it also rose dramatically during the first half of the year. The actual index is still higher right now than it was this time last year right?

Over the last 25 years china has doubled their average income every 8 years from what Ive read. You would think more people now than ever would be able to afford luxuries such as ginseng.

Re:prices 8 years 6 months ago #37348

Most of the Asian money used to prop up U.S. Ginseng Market evaporated into thin air during stock market crash. In other words the financing for our market is not in place .

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds

Who's Online

We have 168 guests and no members online

Login