2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: prices

Re:prices 8 years 6 months ago #36975

gujb..

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:prices 8 years 6 months ago #36984

Hello All, I am a dealer here in upstate N.Y. I am paying anywhere from $200-$750 per pound on green or fresh do not have a dry price as of yet. As mentioned on the forum by other dealers our end buyers are being very tough on small or below average roots so be careful guys/gals, I am not interested in buying average or below average roots from out of state as I can not move them. That being said the upper end of that price range roots have to check all the boxes: neck over 3 inches full body well dug no breaks and have to weigh over 30 grams etc.. I am also looking for those monster roots 6oz plus and will pay a premium to get them, as long as they are certified from the state they are coming from, as always good luck to all, happy digging and leave the little and ones replant those berries. If you have any of those monsters please feel free to contact me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Re:prices 8 years 6 months ago #37112

If u had to dig it, you would want more than most dealers offer. If the diggers would stick together we could get a more reasonable price. It's not work digging it for 400-500 per dried pound IMO. its tough work. If everybody would stop selling it green for 6-10 bucks an oz for a pill, and quit digging it all summer long, diggers getting low ball price would stop. All I know is I'm not giving it away. You can bet the farm on that quote and I wish all diggers would do the same.

Re:prices 8 years 6 months ago #37113

Reality is its almost impossible to just dig abĂ´ve average seng in east ky. Not gonna happen.

Re:prices 8 years 6 months ago #37114

Good luck on finding ur 6oz monsters!! Bahaha

Re:prices 8 years 6 months ago #37117

jude of martin paying 10 to 12 for wet his no. is 606 390 5149 he say dry 500 to 550

Re:prices 8 years 6 months ago #37120

Lets get a few facts straight I am a digger have been for 25 years, I didn't like the prices I got so instead of complaining I did something about it. As far as your prices where you are take it up with your dealer. I also bought a 6oz root last year from Kentucky so they do exist.

Re:prices 8 years 6 months ago #37123

So if you are a digger, do you only dig above average seng? If we only dig above avg seng, there wouldn't be much sold would they? I didn't say 6oz roots didn't exist. But they are far and few between. So telling me u only wanted above avg seng is like me telling u to only catch the biggest fish. A dealer that would buy green seng for $10 oz is robbery because its worth a crapload more than that. I have no idea what u pay but I'm talking about our local buyers.

Re:prices 8 years 6 months ago #37132

Ok no I do not always dig above average roots but what I don't do is dig small root, that is the root that no one wants to buy, as many buyers have said multiple times on this forum. And I do agree with you as to way to many people in the woods trying to get their fix, if more diggers thought the same the market would not be so flooded right now and that is the problem with the market now. There are 2 sides to it diggers bust their butts to get the root no question about that but the dealer that buys has a huge investment in the roots and its their money on the line, I do see both sides. Good luck to you and I hope for all of us who care about ginseng things get better for all of us sooner rather than later.

Re:prices 8 years 6 months ago #37135

X2 hoehandle!!!!

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds

Who's Online

We have 674 guests and no members online

Login