2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: TN prices?

Re:TN prices? 12 years 5 months ago #15623

Oh I sorry basle, misundestand you posted on that 700. I hope so too. 700 is a fare price for sang.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:TN prices? 12 years 5 months ago #15624

Mr wild wrote:

Oh I sorry basle, misundestand you posted on that 700. I hope so too. 700 is a fare price for sang.

No worries. Just a simple missunderstanding is all 8)

Re:TN prices? 12 years 5 months ago #15661

450 for good seng, not busted up cleaned and dried good is the best I've found
Randy Henry 423-539-0748.

It's creeping up slowly but surely. When it gets 500 i'm going to jump off. I just don't think we will see the prices we saw last year. Next year, I am going to get my dealers permit, and get to the bottom of all this, and trust me I'm going to be about the diggers as much as I will be about myself. If the china wants our seng they will give what we want or we won't sale, bottom line.

Now haveing said that we all will work together, and go about it with this way of thinking, is a another story

Re:TN prices? 12 years 5 months ago #15670

Big Rod wrote:

450 for good seng, not busted up cleaned and dried good is the best I've found
Randy Henry 423-539-0748.

If the china wants our seng they will give what we want or we won't sale, bottom line

we have the supply not them ,we should be dictating the price not them and these low level dealers..

Re:TN prices? 12 years 5 months ago #15673

like i sad randy henry is one of the dillers here in scott a day ago he offerd me 430 so he has moved up a little more.

Re:TN prices? 12 years 4 months ago #15793

I talked to Glen Brady just now, over in Pulaski TN (931-363-4083) and he said he is currently paying 450.00 for good seng.

He said that last year his buyers basically quit buying in December but they bought a lot before that.

I asked what he was expecting to happen this year and he said it is just slow this year and his buyers are not talking all that interested in it now, but he does still currently have buyers that are showing some interest (he said had contracts).

He was not sure if they would continue to be interested in buying from him on into December this year or not. As slow as it has been he sort of doubts that.

He did not expect a increase in price, thought it was going to stay about like it is now.

Good Luck to all of you guys on deciding when to sell or if to sell at all.

I may just keep the little bit that I have until next year and hope for better prices then.

TNhunter

Re:TN prices? 12 years 4 months ago #15794

I will definately hold out for another year, I said I wasn't selling under six hundred and I'll stick with it. I think even in later years when it does get higher if we would just hold, then.... we would cut all this four somethin mess out. I know everybody needs to make a cut but without us there isn't a cut. I just can't get over the feeling that maybe us as Seng hunters are viewed by the Chinese buyers as uneducated,closed-off, hillbillys needing the money. There is no other place for them to go, we have the last significant supply of wild ginseng left on the planet and they have the never ending demand for it. We aren't sending shiploads to China as was the case in the beginning, they realized the profit to be made, cornered it, and now come to us. Why on God's green earth would we be ridiculous enough to let them tell us what they are going to pay us for it unless..... we act like uneducated,closed-off,hillbillys needing the money.

Hillhopper

Re:TN prices? 12 years 4 months ago #15801

excellent post.

Re:TN prices? 12 years 4 months ago #15803

• kman
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • looking for 1/2 lb dry wild sang
Vermont digger not whining about low down greedy dealers or crafty Chinese buyers cornering the ginseng...I only see them finding good prices on eBay for well dug, well dried roots.

Re:TN prices? 12 years 4 months ago #15805

Tell you what, I been watching that old boy(or girl) for the last week and he (or she) is kicking butt. Don't know who is buying his(or her) seng but they are spending the bucks to get it! Congratulations to who ever you are! It does make you wonder if the Chinese aren't messing with our buyers because the prices just don't jive.

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds

Who's Online

We have 164 guests and no members online

Login