2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng

TOPIC: Go big or go home

Go big or go home 7 years 8 months ago #38737

I'm new to the sight and have enjoyed reading from this foroum. I was all gun ho last year and planted 60lbs of seed and when it come up this past spring I was ready too turn in my notice at work but after reading and educating my self a little further I feel like I may need to get a second job lol.I plan on planting 60 more lbs this fall but I'm trying to find a better way to plant seed without killing my self is there anyone on here found d a way to plant wild simulated mechanicaly?.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Go big or go home 7 years 8 months ago #38739

good luck with your planting...

Re:Go big or go home 7 years 8 months ago #38741

Big Mac...

Below is a picture that Hardings sent me a few years ago showing how they prep a site for planting...

Obviously a lot of clean up work went into that, and then a tractor was used to disk it up (looks like to me anyway). Also looks like (based on white powder seen around base of trees) that he put down something like lime, bonemeal or fertilizers of some kind (probably again with tractor broadcast).

The obvious catch to being able to do that is your hillside would have to be workable by a tractor (not too steep).

TNHunter

Attachments:

Re:Go big or go home 7 years 8 months ago #38742

Below is a picture of the results...

Hope this helps.

PS... if I planted 60 lbs of seed manually in one fall... that would kill me :-)

TNHunter

Attachments:

Re:Go big or go home 7 years 8 months ago #38746

Thanks for the pics..I can get my bobcat over most of my growing area.I may try a half acre like that.

Re:Go big or go home 7 years 8 months ago #38747

I would love to have woods like that in the pic, beautiful!

Remember, the more you disturb the soil, the more disease you will have.

Re:Go big or go home 7 years 7 months ago #38781

Lenno is right.

I know of a ginseng seeder designed for wild simulated playing. However, I can't personally mention it here because of the site rules.

Re:Go big or go home 7 years 7 months ago #38786

Yea Brad that would be bad to mention the link below about the seeder called the

www.emeraldcastlefarms.com/Products/Seeder.html

EFC Ginseng Seeder here on Wildgrown.com. I appreciate your integrity.
Latt

Re:Go big or go home 7 years 7 months ago #38788

I looked at it and there's no doubt it would work well but planting 60lbs of seed I just don't think planting 1 seed at s time is going to be fast enough to get that much in the ground...I'm always thinking outside the box I have come up with what I think is efficient idea..but thanks for the reply sir.

Re:Go big or go home 7 years 7 months ago #38789

You should start some efforts toward maintenance and time management in how you will take care of it all 6 years down the road. First year is easy, second is twice as hard and the third, well, you get the idea. I don't know your density but disease will be an issue, if your there often enough, you'll see it. If your not in it often you will just see it disappear and open patches taking its place. If a seedling makes it through the first part of spring it's usually in good shape for the rest of the year. As years go by and the plants grow, that's when other issues come into play. I'm not a bearer of bad news but you should be sure to be ready.
Good luck.

Hillhopper

Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds

Who's Online

We have 341 guests and no members online

Login