2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng

TOPIC: Plants are down

Re:Plants are down 11 years 8 months ago #18348

Man-O-Man!
I don't know where all this moisture came from, but we went from a pretty severe drought situation to flood advisory in about two hours. It started out pretty severe and changed to a really good steady rain and the ground is really soaking it up.This is just what we needed and it looks like it is covering SE, KENTUCKY, WESTERN, N.C. EASTERN AND PARTS OF MIDDLE TENNESSEE, AS WELL AS SW, VA. Prayers have been answered.
Hugh

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Plants are down 11 years 8 months ago #18349

I have heard thunder off in the distance the past 3 evenings... and it even clouded up here some, but no rain at my home place yet.

Other parts of the county have got some, but not me yet.

Glad some of you folks are getting rain.

We need a good slow allnighter... but even a pop up evening shower would be much appreciated !

TNhunter

Re:Plants are down 11 years 8 months ago #18350

TN,
Same thing here. What a mean trick! The thunder roared and the wind blew. I thought we were in for a downpour but it missed me also. 10 miles away they got an inch of rain.

Re:Plants are down 11 years 8 months ago #18351

Rootman, I thought I got up early. lol

Re:Plants are down 11 years 8 months ago #18352

Sorry to hear about all the troubles guys. We have been blessed with perfect weather so far. Rain at least twice a week, but not to much.Just got another half inch the 4th.

Finally - a little rain for me... :-) 11 years 8 months ago #18356

Well again this evening it thundered and the wind blew and it came my way.

We hit 104 today.

At 4:20 that thunderstorm blew up and it rained steady for 20 minutes. Not near enough but much appreciated.

I was going to check and possibly water my seed bed again, but now will not have to do that.

There are lots of storms in the area this evening and supposed to be more chance of rain this evening and thru the night.

PS - it is 83 degrees now after the rain.

NICE !

TNhunter

Re:Finally - a little rain for me... :-) 11 years 8 months ago #18358

Glad to hear you got a little rain TN. Hope you get some more in the not too distant future. It got up to about 100 degrees today and supposed to be about the same tomorrow. I could use a little rain here too, but doesn't look like that will happen for at least a couple of days. The bright news is that the forecast is calling for a break from this extreme heat. It's only supposed to get to the mid to upper eighties starting next tuesday and lasting for a little while. Much better than 100 degree temps.

Re:Plants are down 11 years 8 months ago #18359

TN,
I'm glad to hear that you finally got some relief.
I just hope that anyone who is getting desperate for rain has looked at what these storms have done whereever they have hit. We have death and destruction all over East Tennessee from that storm yesterday. I don't wish that upon anyone.These super hot temeratures can really spawn some vicious storms and they are still cutting their way into stranded hikers in the Smokies. There were two deaths and many injuries. Whole boat marinas were blown away and severe damage to major buildings.
Hugh

Re:Plants are down 11 years 8 months ago #18360

Hugh Hartsell wrote:

TN,
I'm glad to hear that you finally got some relief.
I just hope that anyone who is getting desperate for rain has looked at what these storms have done whereever they have hit. We have death and destruction all over East Tennessee from that storm yesterday. I don't wish that upon anyone.These super hot temeratures can really spawn some vicious storms and they are still cutting their way into stranded hikers in the Smokies. There were two deaths and many injuries. Whole boat marinas were blown away and severe damage to major buildings.
Hugh

I hear ya Hugh. There are still quite a few people around here without power from the storm that rolled through here a week ago. There were a lot of homes and buildings that were damaged or destroyed by that storm, but luckily there weren't any deaths in my local area. I've also noticed that we haven't heard from Whitjr since that storm rolled through. Hope he's ok and just doesn't have electric.

Re:Plants are down 11 years 8 months ago #18361

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Thank God for the abundance of rain yesterday I havent got to get back to the woods but im hoping that has cheered everything up a little.

Billy.

Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds

Who's Online

We have 703 guests and no members online

Login