2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Morels

Morels 8 years 3 weeks ago #38093

Do morels grow in North Alabama? If so somebody let me know when they start popping up.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Morels 8 years 3 weeks ago #38094

jaybird...

I am sure they do grow in northern al...

I live in southern middle TN and they grow here..

Timing wise... here in southern Middle TN... I find them in early to mid April but the exact timing on that will vary depending on how early or late spring is for the current year, and also moisture conditions.

Going by Tree blooms...

When red buds are in full bloom, and dog woods blooms are just starting to open.. that seems to be the sweet spot for me.

When red bud blooms first start, until dogwoods are in full bloom - you need to be looking.

Some morels come up earlier (blacks)... and some come up later (yellows).

Good Luck !

TNhunter

Attachments:

Re:Morels 8 years 3 weeks ago #38095

Thank you TN.. I'll watch the redbuds and the dogwoods. Looking for an early spring this year.

Re:Morels 8 years 3 weeks ago #38096

Yummy morels can't wait.

Re:Morels 8 years 2 weeks ago #38118

I plan a trip to Syracuse, NY in late may. Anybody know if this is morel season near the southern Adirondacks? Thanks

Re:Morels 8 years 2 weeks ago #38122

Read the stickie at the top of the mushroom section. Big help. Looks like soil temp is close here in Ohio, according to the USDA site. Today it is 51°F at 2\" in Madison county, and 50° at 8\". This weekend is looking good.

Re:Morels 8 years 2 weeks ago #38126

Manley depending on the temps it will b close. I live bout 1.5 hrs (120 miles) North of Syracuse. Last yr I found a couple blacks the last week of may but found some nice blonds mid April

Re:Morels 8 years 1 week ago #38130

jaybird... Check out morels.com they have an Alabama forum. Always used that board when I would travel and pick morels. Very useful tool to know when to get out looking. Happy Hunting!!

Re:Morels 8 years 1 week ago #38131

Hunting NY... Orange County. Lots of elm in that area, would be your best stop to pick some morels. Happy Hunting!!

Re:Morels 8 years 1 week ago #38133

Thanks, I will check it out.

Moderators: latttrahn007Shroomdawg
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds

Who's Online

We have 446 guests and no members online

Login