2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Morels

Re:Morels 8 years 1 week ago #38138

Wild Red Buds just started blooming here in southern middle TN a few days ago...

Probably still a little too early here now but about next weekend I will have to get out and look some.

TNhunter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Morels 8 years 3 days ago #38143

it will be another week or so here in central ILL...its still just getting to cold at night to really let them pop up here../got enough ground moisture just not enough warm weather....

Re:Morels 8 years 13 hours ago #38148

Thanks guys. Gettin' close.

Now I found another website showing our ground temp at 4\" being 42°F. I don't know why the .gov site was so far off last week. Looks like the wait is on.

Re:Morels 7 years 11 months ago #38214

hey guys got this pic from Facebook. Supposedly these r being grown in a barn. Think I've died n gone to heaven lol

Re:Morels 7 years 11 months ago #38215

here's the pic had to resize
Attachments:

Re:Morels 7 years 11 months ago #38220

Found a nice little mess of them in Missouri last night. Just a few reds and some tiny grays. Finally got the moisture, just need it to warm back up now!

Hobbler, that would be a dream come true wouldn't it lol.

Have a good one,

John B

Re:Morels 7 years 11 months ago #38221

Ur lucky John here in NY gonna b mid may b4 I c any if weather keeps up 27 n snowing ready for spring ramps just showing themselves. This is what we get for having a mild winter.

Re:Morels 7 years 11 months ago #38223

Dang Hobler,
I didn't know that was even possible.
Where and how??

Re:Morels 7 years 11 months ago #38224

Sorry latt but don't know it was a post a friend shared. Can't find any info on it. I wish I knew man that's a ton of morels.

Re:Morels 7 years 11 months ago #38225

I think they are growing them in Japan in a controlled environment. Have been working with black morels for years they are the easiest to cultivate. I have many beds growing in forest edge settings around my house. It isn't that hard to set these beds up. Haven't had as much luck with the true yellows they tend to be more symbiotic to certain trees. The blacks will grow with a nutrient rich soil blend right next to a low nutrient rich soil blend.

Moderators: latttrahn007Shroomdawg
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds

Who's Online

We have 309 guests and no members online

Login