* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your questions and answers about Goldenseal herb

TOPIC: Goldenseal Seed

Goldenseal Seed 10 years 8 months ago #23213

Hey fellas,
Went out and picked many Goldenseal berries this morning. In this woods many of my patches that I have been stewarding for the past 4 years had nice big plump berries. In some of the patches the deer had graized off the berries and only a few berries were left.

These are wild stands that I have been stewarding and I have not dug a single root other than to check a few for root size and age. Big and Old. Then I replanted them immediately. I am sure I could make some money digging and selling the roots from this woods.

However, these wild Goldenseal plants are parents to many berries and seeds and I have started many patches of new Goldenseal from these wild seeds.

Anyone interested in getting some of these wild Goldenseal seeds just email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your address.

I will send you some seeds for free.

Goldenseal seeds are very expensive but often difficult to start a Goldenseal patch from verses using rootlets. Anyway, I just want to get these seeds to as many of you as possible. I love the thought of these plants possibly stating new Goldenseal patches throughout multiple states.

I am soaking the berries now in water waiting for the pulp to ferment off. Not sure how many seeds I will have once the process is done. But I should have approximately 1/4 lb of seeds when I am finished. I picked seeds with my girlfriend for 2 hours. 1/4 lb of seed is about 7,500 seeds. So I may be able to fill some request if anyone wants to get a couple hundred seeds from me to start a patch.

I have stratified Goldenseal seed before. Kind of risky. If you do get some seeds from me I would recommend planting them immediately. Rake the leaves back, scratch the soil up and plant them just like TnHunter does with his Ginseng seed using the \"Modified Rake and Scatter\" method to get some soil on top of them. THE SEEDS CANNOT DRY OUT! Then recover with leaf litter.
Latt
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Goldenseal Seed 10 years 8 months ago #23214

Pic2
Attachments:

Re:Goldenseal Seed 10 years 8 months ago #23215

Very cool latt

Re:Goldenseal Seed 10 years 8 months ago #23216

Thanks Hobler,

So far we have the Ohio Wild Goldenseal seeds going to two different folks in NY and one in NC. Will be sending seeds out as soon as the berry pulp ferments off and the black seeds are ready to be washed off packaged and mailed.
Latt

Re:Goldenseal Seed 10 years 8 months ago #23217

Beautiful patch there Latt!

Re:Goldenseal Seed 10 years 8 months ago #23218

Thanks B,
There are about a dozen or so like that one in those particular woods plus some smaller patches too.
Got some seeds going to WV now as well.

Tally so far per state getting some seeds
NY - 2
NC -1
WV -1
Latt

Re:Goldenseal Seed 10 years 8 months ago #23219

Latt, I would love to have some seed but, I'm having problems sending email from this computer. It won't let me send the email to you. If you could email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. I can then reply to your email with my address. Thank you..

Re:Goldenseal Seed 10 years 8 months ago #23220

Latt,
Nice patches of seal, i had the same problem earlier. I checked my patches 1 july everything looked good, so i thought about picking on the 4th of July but didn't make it until the 5th only to find most of them gone, still managed to get a few thousand seed, but nothing like i was hoping for. Thats really cool of you to offer seed. If i ever get my \"goldenseal\" patches big enough i may do the same.

Re:Goldenseal Seed 10 years 8 months ago #23222

Latt- YGM

Re:Goldenseal Seed 10 years 8 months ago #23223

Thanks Fellas

Tally so far as of 7/23/13 AM per state getting some seeds
NY - 2
NC - 1
WV - 2
TN - 1
KY - 1
Mo - 1
IN - 1

Glad we may be getting some golden seal patches started from this seed. Still waiting on the pulp to ferment off so I can see how many seeds I have. Will be dividing that up when its ready and will send it out when the seeds are clean.

Thank you Wildgrown.com for this forum. It is such a good place to be able to talk to wholesome folks that are appreciative of the natural wonders God has given to us. I am glad to be a part of this.
Latt

Moderators: jimsanger
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds

Who's Online

We have 878 guests and no members online

Login