2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Fishing - 2019

Fishing - 2019 4 years 11 months ago #41875

Good Thursday All !

I took the day off Tuesday (4/30/2019) and did a little float down a local wild river here...

Caught 7-8 smallies and black perch...

One really nice one. Not sure what it weighed but it was 20" long. I figure close to 4 lbs.
Ripped the line off my spinning real heading down stream for a while too.
Thick and fat, made a nice pile of filet's which we are having for supper tonight :-)

TNHunter

PS... If you all have any good fish pics for the 2019 season, please share them on this post.
It's nice to have one post to go to and see all. Thanks

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Fishing - 2019 4 years 11 months ago #41876

Living the dream Tn!. Wow, nice hog I bet that did put up a good fight. I've been wanting to get back to the lake, but it's been hotter than blue blazes here lately, and water levels are up which messed up the crappie fishing. I may stick to trout fishing the river with the heat the way it is.

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.

Fishing - 2019 4 years 11 months ago #41877

nice catch TN,been raining here everyday for a month,the rain has the crappie fishing screwed up...may have to start catfishing with all this high water....

Fishing - 2019 4 years 11 months ago #41880

with all this rain my crappie fishing is all goofed up but the catfishing was excellent ,,,been trying to put a roof on my house for the last month ,I said to hell with the roof and went to the river instead....

Fishing - 2019 4 years 11 months ago #41881

lol, don't blame you a bit. That is a fine mess of cats chief. A friend of ours that lives out at the lake said the water is back down to about normal. He said the crappie bite is back on, evening better than morning. Hope to get out there early next week.

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.

Fishing - 2019 4 years 11 months ago #41882

Nice pile of cats chief

Fishing - 2019 4 years 11 months ago #41883

Nice string of catfish Chief... that will feed you and yours a time or two and then some.

I love catching, growing my own food.

Last week we had a good meal of that big smallie one night, and the next night had some fresh wild turkey... then the next night grilled deer back straps...

I have ambrosia sweet corn up in the garden now 3" tall, some nice looking big beef maters, cukes and pepers, squash, lettuce and spinach... all growing nicely and lookin good.

Both my peach trees are loaded with small peaches getting bigger each day, and my Mac Apple tree is loaded too... Black Berries have little green berries on now, Grapes looking good loaded with little clusters.. My new loganberry has blooms on it already looks like I might get some first year fruit from that.

New stuff I planted this spring include two plum trees (European plums), they boom later than Japanese plums do... I had two Japanese plums before for 8 or 9 years before they died... but only got a good crop off them one time. They bloomed in Feb.. and almost always got frost bit. These European plums are supposed to bloom in late April, early May, and ripe fruit late August, early Sept. Hopefully these will work out.

Other stuff planted this spring...

2 red currant bushes, 2 josta berry bushes, 2 honey berry bushes, 1 chicago hardy fig tree, 1 illinois everbering mulberry tree, 1 lapins cherry tree.

I eat a lot of fruit and berries on my diet... along with good clean meats and veggies...

Planning to get in a bed of Asparagus soon and some Globe Artichokes... Next Spring perhaps.

I checked out my Seed Producing bed earlier this week and they are looking good this year. Last year I don't think I had a single 4 prong in the bed, and this year there are 5-6 nice 4 prongers.

Those sang tops do vary from year to year.

I will post a pic of them here as I can get it uploaded.

TNHunter

Fishing - 2019 4 years 11 months ago #41884

Here is a Pic of my Seed Bed dated 5/6/2019.

They are not full size yet but getting there.

On the right side of the bed I have had two roots there that have been double tops (2 - 3 prong tops) the past several years.
One of those has a single 4 prong top this year, and the other is still a double top as usual.

Several 4 prongers in the group this year.

TNHunter

Attachments:

Fishing - 2019 4 years 11 months ago #41885

my peach trees got hit with a late snow when they were blooming little to no peaches this year,but my green gauge plums made it and they are loaded.....my purple and white mulberry trees are loaded too

Fishing - 2019 4 years 10 months ago #41897

Took a day off work today, to go fishing... and it rained all morning.

I waded a couple miles of creek, the rain was slow and steady, letting up everyone in a while and then starting again.

The fish were hitting good... Caught a limit of smallies (5) and 25 black perch. I only kept the smallies.

I had one really nice smallie on 3-4 lbs no doubt... but as they often do he fought and fought some more and eventually spit my lure out before I could get him out of the deep water.

We had 3-4 weeks of dry weather here, but the last few days getting some good rain now.

Hope you all are having a good early summer.

PS.. its not easy to do a selfie with a smallie on each finger and your thumb... but it can be done :-)

TNhunter

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.282 seconds

Who's Online

We have 120 guests and no members online

Login