2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: A few pics from today

A few pics from today 6 years 9 months ago #40130

ive been watching that patch for 12 years now..in years the price is high I go scatter the berries when they get ripe then pinch the plant off so they cant be found during the digging season...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

A few pics from today 6 years 9 months ago #40134

everybody must be out scouting. no new posts in 5 days...

A few pics from today 6 years 9 months ago #40135

I've only been to my one bed plan on a scouting trip next weekend. So busy trying to build my new barn had to tear down my old 100 yr old barn was getting ready to fall down

A few pics from today 6 years 9 months ago #40136

Chieftain wrote: everybody must be out scouting. no new posts in 5 days...

Hey Chief. I've been out all morning to one of my patches trying to weed it out some. The seng in this patch is stunted bad. I planted it as seed in the late 90's and just this spring got back to it

The growth stem shows its age but the roots are small bulbs. The majority of the plants are only 4" tall. Lol Idk what happened to it or what its lacking but I'm going to send in a soil sample.

It's located at the bottom of a slope just inside the woods. The seng on up the hill is much better but still small for its age.

A few pics from today 6 years 9 months ago #40137

Hello Ubtrapper ! I would suggest finding a better location. Some places just cannot grow a large-size ginseng plant.

I still plan on planting some seeds in average habitat, but mostly as a science experiment. Not expecting impressive results.

A few pics from today 6 years 9 months ago #40138

Id say you're right Arch. This fall im going to transplant them to a more suitable place. Ive got one patch thats on the top of a hill and a bit down the hill and its very nice. Big 4s with seed pods coming up over the top a few inches.
It will be interesting to see how these stunted 20 year olds do in a much better spot.

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds

Who's Online

We have 365 guests and no members online

Login