2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: A few pics from today

A few pics from today 6 years 9 months ago #40102

jimsanger wrote: Wow a healthy young patch of wild sang like that sure does my heart good.. I always like finding them like that and watching them grow old.

Oh yeah jimsanger I do too. I'm looking forward to watching these. Hopefully nobody finds them and digs them. They are in a place that is not 50 ft from the road. I had been out all morning pretty far back in the woods and on my way back to the truck, I ran across 2 patches and several singles.

It looks sengy there but I've never looked there because of it being so close to the road. I've drove by it several times though. Lol

Please Log in to join the conversation.

A few pics from today 6 years 9 months ago #40103

ok i hiked the 3/4 mile out went home got the camera then hiked the 3/4 mile back in..now this is in the middle of 700 acres of woods.i dout any one planted these.this is just one corner of a 15 foot square at the top of a gaint hill..no mother plant.no other seng plants within 500 yards of these .the nearest plant is clear at the bottom of a hill.so how did all these get so close together.theres more plants than one mother plant could put out in a 15 foot square area.did the mother plants dye off. if so why are the plants the same size.if there were mother plants shouldn't there be all different size plants ..did a bird sit on a limb and poop all these seeds out..i just cant figure how they all got here and to be the same size....

A few pics from today 6 years 9 months ago #40104

heres a little closer picture..

A few pics from today 6 years 9 months ago #40107

One of my small patches that I keep around the house.
Attachments:

A few pics from today 6 years 9 months ago #40108

One of my small patches that I keep around the house.
Attachments:

Last Edit: by jimsanger.

A few pics from today 6 years 9 months ago #40109

Chieftain wrote: ok i hiked the 3/4 mile out went home got the camera then hiked the 3/4 mile back in..now this is in the middle of 700 acres of woods.i dout any one planted these.this is just one corner of a 15 foot square at the top of a gaint hill..no mother plant.no other seng plants within 500 yards of these .the nearest plant is clear at the bottom of a hill.so how did all these get so close together.theres more plants than one mother plant could put out in a 15 foot square area.did the mother plants dye off. if so why are the plants the same size.if there were mother plants shouldn't there be all different size plants ..did a bird sit on a limb and poop all these seeds out..i just cant figure how they all got here and to be the same size....

Dang Chief, that is puzzling. It looks like someone spilled some seed there because they are all the same size and no certain pattern to it. Even with a rake and scatter method, I don't think they would sprout that way. The mother plant doesn't fit either. It would take several big berry pods to have that many concentrated plus if there were parent plants then there would be different ages to the little ones.

I have no idea how those got there like that other than someone dropping a bunch of seed. But you say nobody probably was in there so I don't know how that happened. Very interesting.

I also don't know about birds pooping them out. Lol But somehow those seed got there at the same time and there's quite a few in that patch.

A few pics from today 6 years 9 months ago #40110

Also Thanks for going back and getting a picture of that patch for us to see. Hopefully some of these other guys can explain it because it sure don't make any sense to me either.

A few pics from today 6 years 9 months ago #40111

I sure cant figure it out ,that's just one corner of the spot .it was to big to get it all in one picture with my camera..i would say theres 5 times that many in that 15 foot square area.i guess I will just let them go and see how they grow...

A few pics from today 6 years 9 months ago #40112

Yeah that's crazy. There's probably a couple hundred in the picture you posted. Wow thats a lot of seng for that small of an area. Are they all 3 leafers?

A few pics from today 6 years 9 months ago #40113

yes all are 3's...

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds

Who's Online

We have 383 guests and no members online

Login