Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2016 Hunting Season

Re:2016 Hunting Season 7 years 3 months ago #39680

This is deer pic.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:2016 Hunting Season 7 years 2 months ago #39687

My boy Cole got a nice young doe this weekend.

This is just what we were looking for - they are the best for eating.

We have seen and let pass (multiple times) two different 8 pointers and one 6 pointer. One of the 8 pointers is really nice but still young. He has a nice high rack, long tines on top, but the spread is still on the narrow side 12-14". We are going to let them go another year... and that one I expect will be a really nice buck next year and a shooter.

This is Cole's 6th deer... he has not missed yet. 6 shots, 6 deer.

He is shooting a older Remington woodsmaster 308 rifle that was passed down to me by my Grandfather. It has a 3x9 scope.

TNHunter
Attachments:

Re:2016 Hunting Season 7 years 2 months ago #39688

I have a nice batch of jerky in the oven now...

A double layer rack full,

A friend of mine from Church last year brought a bag of deer jerky to our class one evening. It was the best I had ever tasted.

I asked what he had seasoned it with and to my surprise it was nothing but dales sauce.

He simply cut the meat up and let it marinate in dales sauce over night, then cooked it in the oven to make jerky.

170 degrees, for 4 hours or so, with the oven door cracked open just a hair.

We made a couple batches last year, and this is my first batch to make this year. It has the kitchen smelling good right now.

Can't wait for it to get done so we can try it out.

If you want to try a really simple deer jerky seasoning... give the dales sauce a try.

TNHunter
Attachments:

Re:2016 Hunting Season 7 years 2 months ago #39689

Tn that sure looks good..i made jerky for years..did it in the oven a lot till I got a dehydrator.and a meat slicer.man that's the way to go...

Re:2016 Hunting Season 7 years 2 months ago #39690

Nice deer Cole n jimsenger. I grind all my front shoulders n use that for my jerky. Add my seasons n set it over night then use a dehydrated.

Re:2016 Hunting Season 7 years 2 months ago #39691

after I burnt the family out on jerky .I got a sausage stuffer and started making smokey links..they never get burnt out on those...

Re:2016 Hunting Season 7 years 2 months ago #39694

My company gives us MLK day as a Holiday... and it had been fairly warm for a few days and got up to near 70 degrees that day.

I got my Yack out and did a 3 mile float on a local river... but could not talk any smallies into biting.

I tried slow fishing a jig and crawdad bait, a worm, crank bait, jerk bait... but no takers.

It was a beautiful morning and I got some good exercise..

I guess the water was just still a little to cold for them. I see guys on youtube catching smallies in the dead of winter on rivers... but man I have not had any luck at that myself.

Wish we could fast forward thru this late winter time and get on up into March.

TNHunter

Re:2016 Hunting Season 7 years 2 months ago #39695

went ice fishing with the family last weekend caught plenty of large mouth bass 25 of them to bad there out of season. Here's my daughter's 1st fish. Also caught a few small pike. N a 7 gallon pail full of nice blue gills yummy
Attachments:

Re:2016 Hunting Season 7 years 2 months ago #39696

Attachments:

Re:2016 Hunting Season 7 years 2 months ago #39697

nice looking fish,the fishing partners look like their having fun..ice fishing....I kinda remember how to do that..i went to my pond today[trying to rid it of unwanted muskrats]and its ice free.we aint had enough ice to fish on going on 4 years now.must be climate change.;) TN,i figured them smallies like the bite in cold water...its supposed to get to 60 degrees here Sat.if it does I may take a boat ride...

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds

Who's Online

We have 487 guests and no members online

Login