* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2016 Hunting Season

Re:2016 Hunting Season 7 years 4 months ago #39624

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:2016 Hunting Season 7 years 3 months ago #39657

Here's my regular season buck a nice 6 pt.
Attachments:

Re:2016 Hunting Season 7 years 3 months ago #39658

Attachments:

Re:2016 Hunting Season 7 years 3 months ago #39659

Attachments:

Re:2016 Hunting Season 7 years 3 months ago #39660

nice buck Hob.

Re:2016 Hunting Season 7 years 3 months ago #39661

Thxs chief. Just waiting for a couple more inches of ice then to the lakes I go. Need some fresh fish to top off the freezer.

Re:2016 Hunting Season 7 years 3 months ago #39673

same here ..ice aint thick enough here yet...

Re:2016 Hunting Season 7 years 3 months ago #39675

Fresh fish sure sounds good.

I have quite a bit in the freezer from this years catches. about time for a fish fry.

It rarely gets cold enough (long enough) down here in southern middle TN to ice fish.

I have never seen a large lake completely frozen over... but some smaller ponds and lakes I have seen that, and could walk across them.

Once back in the late 80's a local river I was trapping on froze over with just a thin sheet of ice in the slow water areas. We had to run traps that were already set and were going down the river in a 14' flatbottom boat breaking ice as we went. Made for a very difficult 12 mile float on the river. When you are in your 20's not such a big deal though.

I bet you guys get tired of the cold up north there... it is just too cold, too long. Would be for me now anyway.

When I was younger and trapping was good her in TN (back in the 80's) I loved winter... hated for it to end.

Now...after Christmas, I wish it would just jump forward to late March, with smallies biting again, and garden breaking going on.

TNHunter

Re:2016 Hunting Season 7 years 3 months ago #39677

Tn.some folks will tell you winter is winter and you get used to it...I don't mind winter if we get a few warm periods through out the winter...but snow on the ground by thanksgiving and never thawing out till the end of march I never get used to.so far this year its not been to bad..hell they are calling for near 60 degrees here for sunday and Monday...

Re:2016 Hunting Season 7 years 3 months ago #39679

I used to mind all the snow til I got this. Now it won't snow anymore.

On topic, my son got a 4 pointer and I got nothing. Got pics of this one right before season so I gave all others a pass. This pic shows the antlers better and was the night of opening day.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds

Who's Online

We have 665 guests and no members online

Login