2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Snake boots or chaps?

Re:Snake boots or chaps? 10 years 1 month ago #27830

I myself, don't wear anything but my normal boots but here, your more likely to be bit between the eyes than on the ankle... By the way, no ginseng yet but I seen some bloodroot pushing up this afternoon.

Hillhopper

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Snake boots or chaps? 10 years 1 month ago #27831

Probably more likely to get it between the eyes here to Hillhopper. I met a black racer one time face to face on a cliffline and I did not like it! Steep mountains are more fit for body armour. It's the chance we take.

Re:Snake boots or chaps? 10 years 1 month ago #27832

I just wear a pair of regular good lace up boots for ankle support and be aware of my surroundings.

Could be like one ole dude, they told about. Said sounded like a tank coming over the mountain.
It was this fellow with stove pipes on, from the knees down. LOL.

Re:Snake boots or chaps? 10 years 1 month ago #27833

Here's a few pics my sister took. Getting her Masters Degree she spent a few weeks in SC finding and tagging rattlers.
Attachments:

Re:Snake boots or chaps? 10 years 1 month ago #27834

1 more pic.
Attachments:

Re:Snake boots or chaps? 10 years 1 month ago #27835

Whoops, I'll try again. Sorry.
Attachments:

Re:Snake boots or chaps? 10 years 1 month ago #27836

Shew Lord have mercy! They are a SPECIAL kind of purdy. Heres one with some loving going on. LOL
Attachments:

Re:Snake boots or chaps? 10 years 1 month ago #27837

Hillhopper...

I got out today and looked over 3 of my beds and found no early birds up yet either.

Last year I found some early bird 3 leafers up on 3/18... but this year looks like they are going to be a little later.

Some of those early birds got frost bit and died last year, so I hope they all stay down another week or two. I have a feeling we are going to have several more cold spells this spring. This winter it just hanging on way to long.

TNhunter

Re:Snake boots or chaps? 10 years 1 month ago #27838

TNhunter,
I seen the seed that I planted has begun to tail but I agree with you on it being another week or so. We still have several nights at the first to middle of next week with lows around freezing but after that I bet the Seng turns loose. As I said before, the blood root is up enough the flowers are visible but they are always first out of the gate anyways.
Happy Spring Ya'll!

Hillhopper

Re:Snake boots or chaps? 10 years 3 weeks ago #27877

Nothing up near Boone...

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds

Who's Online

We have 346 guests and no members online

Login