2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: High Mountain Sengin 2018

High Mountain Sengin 2018 5 years 5 months ago #41643

Thanks, I'm sure liking October better than I did September. I know it's just down right bizarre. The leaves on the trees haven't even hardly changed, and the color usually peaks about this time in October. I highly recommend the beer it's similar to kind of a Samuel Adams lager, very good!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.

High Mountain Sengin 2018 5 years 5 months ago #41645

thanks for the tip on the beers....its the same here trees are just starting to show a little color ..hard to believe .

High Mountain Sengin 2018 5 years 5 months ago #41650

Nice plant, I can't believe how green it is!

High Mountain Sengin 2018 5 years 5 months ago #41651

thanks, I was finding more green than I was yellow very strange for this time of year. You can easily see the mountains from my house and it's just a solid shade of green, where in years past there would be color all through out by this time. Just now getting some good color in the sugar maples here. I'd say it won't be long and it will really start kicking in, but it's stayed green longer this year than I can ever remember.

High Mountain Sengin 2018 5 years 4 months ago #41660

Went to a new spot on the mountain today that I've never hunted. I took my 4 wheeler and chainsaw. I had to clear out 3 fallen trees covering the trail to get to it. It was great weather to try it today, cool this morning and highs in the low 60's. Turned out to be a pretty good gamble. There was no doubt I was the first person in this area for a long time. There was some really nice seng in there, green, gold, and everything in between. I dug 21 oz's right on the number today, and ran into a big bear to top it off. One of the biggest bears I've run into up there, wasn't aggressive though. I'm going back to the same spot tomorrow it's still in there thick, but the leaves are starting to fall pretty good.

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.

High Mountain Sengin 2018 5 years 4 months ago #41661

21 oz's late October seng
Attachments:

High Mountain Sengin 2018 5 years 4 months ago #41662

Attachments:

High Mountain Sengin 2018 5 years 4 months ago #41663

Attachments: