2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: My 2017 season so far

My 2017 season so far 6 years 6 months ago #40760

Hey fellas, I got out to a new place yesterday evening in a place that's been timbered about 8 years ago. I only got to the edge of it and dug 3.25 ounces in an hour. So I'm hoping it's going to be a good spot tomorrow.
It's thick with briars and going to be a tough place but there's spots that you can get through pretty good. I'm hoping to find some ol bigguns in there. Lol I'm gonna hit it early in the morning, good Lord willing

Please Log in to join the conversation.

My 2017 season so far 6 years 6 months ago #40761

Good Luck tomorrow UBTrapper...

When average size ginseng plants gets exposed to more light for a few years, it will often get really BIG. hope you find a pile.

I am traveling to Florida for the next week for Family Vacation (Fort Walton Beach - Okaloosa Island area)... may get to meet old Nate and see some big waves. Since I cant hunt seng down there... I am taking my metal detector (got to hunt something)... diamond rings, gold necklaces, other various burried in the sand treasures (lots of pop tops, beer cans, fish hooks, tent stakes)... yes I have done this before :-)

AND I did find a small diamond ring last time.

Good luck to all of you that are still looking for Seng. Hope you find some.

TNHunter

Last Edit: by TNhunter.

My 2017 season so far 6 years 6 months ago #40762

Thanks TN! I'm glad to hear that on the Seng. I've never hunted around a clear cut like this. I will post tomorrow evening on how it goes.
I sure hope you have a fun and safe trip to FL and I hope you don't run in to Nate down that way. Lol
Hopefully you will find a big diamond ring!

My 2017 season so far 6 years 6 months ago #40764

Trapper hit those briars good I find alot of nice shang in them. It hurts n you bleed like we all know n that's why know body goes there n shang gets big. I usually check smaller 3s in those areas too some nay b just coming up for there first time in yrs. Good luck.

My 2017 season so far 6 years 6 months ago #40765

Hope you find some monsters in there tomorrow trapper. I agree with Hob It seems those big ones love those thickets. Tn, we're headed to orange beach Alabama in a few days hope we miss the weather! Well, just checked the weather, and decided not to go looks horrible, lol. Hope you have a safe trip Tn!

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.

My 2017 season so far 6 years 6 months ago #40775

Well fellas, I didn't do much good at the clear cut. It's just still too thick in there. I crawled around as much as I could stand. Lol I did find a few and one really old one.
Attachments:

My 2017 season so far 6 years 6 months ago #40776

oldie for sure.nice.

My 2017 season so far 6 years 6 months ago #40777

Thanks Chief!

My 2017 season so far 6 years 6 months ago #40779

Very nice trapper. I have a spot a land owner let me in to see if there was shang my partner and I found a ton in there on a nice knob the land owner was happy too made a good amount to let two guys go in and dig it told us it was ours to manage n just give him a cut. His neighbor had his land logged the loggers over stepped the property lines and took everything on that knob and on the flat left nothing not even a sapling. This was 5 yrs ago we have a couple small beds in the surrounding areas but not as good as the one spot now it's sold black berries tried last yr to go in them but turned around quickly due to loss of blood lol. I don't know if I will be able to dig it again in my time.

My 2017 season so far 6 years 6 months ago #40781

them loggers can screw a woods up mighty quick....

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds

Who's Online

We have 461 guests and no members online

Login