2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: My 2017 season so far

My 2017 season so far 6 years 6 months ago #40671

Nice trapper!, looks like you scored some old long necks there. I've got some seng hangin in there as well, but this week is suppose to be mostly hot and dry just like last. I'll hopefully get in there a time or two and score a few more before she's all done for the season. Love the pics keep em coming, and be safe out there!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

My 2017 season so far 6 years 6 months ago #40672

Thanks 44! Yeah I got some old stuff. I love it when they have long necks and a bulb at the end. Lol We've had that hot and dry weather here now for the last 8 days or so. It's supposed to break on Thursday and be in the low 70s. Even calling for 68 on Saturday. Perfect Sengin weather. Good luck on getting back out and I hope you get a couple sack full!

My 2017 season so far 6 years 6 months ago #40673

Attachments:

My 2017 season so far 6 years 6 months ago #40674

Attachments:

Last Edit: by Ubtrapper.

My 2017 season so far 6 years 6 months ago #40675

very nice.congrats....

My 2017 season so far 6 years 6 months ago #40676

Thanks Chief! Are you going to be able to hunt anymore or is it gone?

My 2017 season so far 6 years 6 months ago #40677

its been done here for at least week now...iam waiting on 6 roots to finish drying then all mine will be dry...looks like I will have just a little over 4 lb. of dry....it was a real short season here but I still had a bunch of fun.....

My 2017 season so far 6 years 6 months ago #40678

Trapper your digging some nice sang this year. I can't believe how good the sang where your at still looks. If you don't mind me asking. What part of the country are you from? Our sang around here got pretty burned up almost 2 weeks ago. Was a real short season this year

My 2017 season so far 6 years 6 months ago #40679

Thats a very good season! It's been a long time since I've dug any at all. Im thinking I've got close to 2 lb when it gets dried out. I've dug 98.7 oz green. I remember it used to be 3-3.5 to 1? Does that sound right?

My 2017 season so far 6 years 6 months ago #40687

UB Trapper...

WOW... great pics and beautiful seng. Love those long necks.

Noticed you are finding some seng with pine needles around them... I have done that too in the past.
In my case the timber had been clear cut and planted in pines... and the pine trees were 12 years old when I found the seng under them...

Some of the seng I dug was 30+ years old... so that just shows you how determined seng is to survive. I am sure some of the younger plants in that area did not survive the clear cutting and time it took the young pines to provide shade... but some of the older established seng sure did survive.

On the dry ratio... I checked that on mine a couple years ago and it was right at 3.5 to 1.

Keep on digging brother and post those pics.

TNHuntetr

Time to create page: 0.399 seconds

Who's Online

We have 290 guests and no members online

Login