2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: opening day...

opening day... 5 years 4 months ago #41691

it was rainy ,windy and not to warm,,i managed 24 crappie today..they bit slower ,but they were of a nicer size..the smallest was a 11 incher and the biggest was 14 and 3/4 inches....I walked up a holler seen 18 plants..5 were still partly green .I never dug a plant..i just reflected on this past season..it has been a good one.....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by Chieftain.

opening day... 5 years 4 months ago #41692

Just simply amazing fishing. I know quite a few crappie fishermen, and I've never seen or heard any of them get into em like you chief. What's the name of the river you fish I may have to make a special trip up there, lol. It was beautiful weather today would've loved to been on the mountain or lake either one, but had some things had to take care of. Suppose to rain next two days too...ughh

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.

opening day... 5 years 4 months ago #41693

the river came up a foot ,water muddy,so I went and hung some doors today....

opening day... 5 years 4 months ago #41695

man the weather sure has changed ..a week ago I was still diggen a little root ..by the end of this week we may get snow...sure screwed up my fishing.....

opening day... 5 years 4 months ago #41696

I know what you mean seems like it changes over night! The color around here is peaking right now. Mountains look like a patchwork quilt of color, really nice. There's suppose to be one hell of a blow come through here tonight, rain, damaging wind..etc. I was thinking about taking a walk around the woods tomorrow. After tonight there might not be any leaves left, lol. I saw 4 does on my deer hunt, waiting on that big buck though. Going again Wednesday got several nice buck pics on my trail cams.

opening day... 5 years 4 months ago #41702

leaves are about gone here..we had a week of high wind..knock a big one down 44..good hunting to you....

opening day... 5 years 4 months ago #41708

SNOW tonight..oh boy...

opening day... 5 years 4 months ago #41709

Time to get your snow shoes on and traps out. I'm going hunting this Saturday low will be around 24 at the property with 8 mph wind. Wind chill will be 18. Just a little nippy...

Attachments:

opening day... 5 years 4 months ago #41710

LMAO......yep around a inch around daybreak tomorrow..i got the traps ,wish fur was worth something...it may be nippy but that sounds like deer moving weather........

opening day... 5 years 4 months ago #41713

It was nasty here today that's for sure, cold rain all day long. I got into my stand Saturday morning, and the 8 mph wind we were suppose to get turned into more like 10-15 mph gusts. I got down early and hunted on the ground, lol. Don't like being up there when those trees start swaying. I've seen couple small bucks so far, but no big boys yet. Going again Wednesday, and rifle starts this Saturday. They're just now starting to rut.

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds

Who's Online

We have 712 guests and no members online

Login