2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: opening day...

opening day... 5 years 6 months ago #41484

Cheif, you're a sengin machine! Lol I don't know how you do it brother. Amazing! Those are some dandy roots!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

opening day... 5 years 6 months ago #41485

thanks UB....it is pouring down rain here..looks like today maybe a wash out......

opening day... 5 years 6 months ago #41488

That beer looks pretty good too

opening day... 5 years 6 months ago #41504

Wood the beer is kinda of a ritual ..when I get in from the timber and get my root washed up..i sit down and drink a cold one and look at the fruits of my labor .....27 oz. today...it was a great day to be in the timber....
......heres a couple of the bigger ones today....

opening day... 5 years 6 months ago #41505

Those are nice Chief! I'm glad you had a good day buddy! How are you doing for the season so far? Has it been an average, below average or better than average?
I've dug 127 oz so far which is better than last year at this time. I average about 10 oz each time out. 4-5 hours is my limit. Lol I get tired after that.

opening day... 5 years 6 months ago #41506

The legend strikes again, nice chief! Man, you are rockin the timber this year for sure. Well, it's rained all day here a total washout, and suppose to rain tomorrow as well, lol. It's pretty safe to say the weatherman has not been my friend this season. I'll get in there first chance I get though.

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.

opening day... 5 years 6 months ago #41507

thanks guys...I didn't get to go today,after sunday things will slow down for me.bow season comes in Monday..i retired from bowhunting in 2014 after 40 years...any hunts from Monday on will be late morning or early afternoon hunts.i don't want to mess up the bowhunters time in the woods and around here there are thousands of bowhunters...if there is a group of 4 trees or more you can bet there is a tree stand in one of those trees....UB I would say a little above average..and way above comparied to last year..last year the seng was gone over and done with by the 15 th of sept......going to try and get out tomorrow...looks like rain for the weekend......

opening day... 5 years 6 months ago #41521

darn heat wave is supposed to return next week..high near 90 everyday next week...

opening day... 5 years 6 months ago #41525

The heat is returning here as well Chief. We don't have many bow hunters around here. I also love the fact that you respect their time in the woods. I feel the same way about those things. It's all about respect.

opening day... 5 years 6 months ago #41545

6oz. of sweaty,hard earned root,good grief I was in the woods [a small patch 10 arcers at the most]..55 min.s..and I couldn't have got any wetter if I jumped in a swimming pool....don't know if I will go anymore till the heat breaks.......

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds

Who's Online

We have 1043 guests and no members online

Login