2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: opening day...

opening day... 5 years 6 months ago #41546

91 degrees at 2 pm...I just couldn't force myself to go today....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

opening day... 5 years 6 months ago #41547

Chieftain wrote: 91 degrees at 2 pm...I just couldn't force myself to go today....

Dang Chief, that's too hot for this time of year! I don't blame you for not goin

opening day... 5 years 6 months ago #41548

Chieftain wrote: 6oz. of sweaty,hard earned root,good grief I was in the woods [a small patch 10 arcers at the most]..55 min.s..and I couldn't have got any wetter if I jumped in a swimming pool....don't know if I will go anymore till the heat breaks.......

Nice that you got 6oz in an hour! Yeah that kind of heat is just miserable!

opening day... 5 years 6 months ago #41555

after 9 days out of the timber due to the heat [been near 90 or above everyday]I finally got back to the woods for and hour and a half this morning...I was surprised how well the plants held up...50% still green....I ended up with 13 oz....

opening day... 5 years 6 months ago #41560

nice work chief, It's been hot and dry everyday here for a while now. It's suppose to rain Thursday and cool off after that. I hope we don't get to much rain as dry as it's been it would put a beating on that seng, especially with cooler temps on the way as well. I plan on going Saturday I hope there's some still to be had, either way at least it will be cooler, lol.

opening day... 5 years 6 months ago #41562

heard that 44..the temp here is supposed to drop 30 degrees between now and Thursday morning...

opening day... 5 years 6 months ago #41569

two cold nights is taking its toll quick ,got out today for a hour.got 4 oz..
...maybe a week or so left but not much time left..most plants are looking like this now after the two cold nights....

opening day... 5 years 6 months ago #41570

yep, don't take to many of those cold nights, and mix in a little wind a rain, and they start falling apart fast. The rain here is over, and it's absolutely beautiful out there right now, sunny and cool. We didn't get to much rain or wind off the hurricane system, so i'm hoping there's some to be had this weekend. Hope you get a few more in chief, you've had an excellent season!

opening day... 5 years 6 months ago #41571

Tues.it was near 90 degrees...today Iam getting sleet..going crappie fishing up the river tomorrow..iam going to take my diggen shovel but I got more faith in the crappie biting that there being much seng left to dig....

opening day... 5 years 6 months ago #41572

Glad to see you are still piling it up, Chief! Time is ticking for sure. If a guy can get in deep hollers, he will still find some green but up high its about gone.

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds

Who's Online

We have 314 guests and no members online

Login