2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: billy,s show

Re:billy,s show 9 years 11 months ago #28363

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
We went camping one night why`ll the camera crew was with us. They ask where our sleeping gear was and I laughed because I have learned the boys to make shift any thing like that from the woods, but they (the camera crew)where serious. So I told them something that the old timers taught me when I was a boy and a young man and to my surprise they wrote that down and added it to the show, I was not aware that they where going to use that old saying in the show, but I hope all of the old ones can see it. Because I sure do miss them all and that would make them Proud, Billy.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:billy,s show 9 years 11 months ago #28366

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
My two sons Bill and Caleb have grown up on me Caleb is now 15
Attachments:

Re:billy,s show 9 years 11 months ago #28367

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Clips from the show
Attachments:

Re:billy,s show 9 years 11 months ago #28368

My son is 12 and often hunts burl with me. There is nothing else like spending the time together wandering around the forest. Im not sure if I will take him ginseng digging anywhere but our land though. Ive run up on some unsavory characters deep in the hollers over the last few years. It used to be that the occasional moonshiner would set up but the meth nuts, at least here in middle tenn, have become a problem lately.
Good luck and I look forward to the show.

Re:billy,s show 9 years 10 months ago #28374

Hey Billy...

I bet it's hard for you and your boys to look so serious (got your duck dynasty faces on)...

You know those where you look intense, focused, serious.

I am used to seeing a big smile on all your faces... so I think there is some acting going on there :-)

TNhunter

Re:billy,s show 9 years 10 months ago #28396

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
TnTrader the Burls are interesting to me I've been watching the guys that are on th show and that is some of the most beautiful wood grains and patterns until now I had never known about those.

TNhunter the show was a lot of fun to make and we are smiling and laughing a lot in the episodes I hope that you get to watch them. The one from this past weekend was my favorite episode so far where Caleb finds a massive root. It was his 1st root like that one.

Re:billy,s show 9 years 10 months ago #28398

Billy how much did that root Caleb found weigh? I couldnt tell what was said on the show.

Re:billy,s show 9 years 10 months ago #28421

\"I'm excited as a schoolboy with his first girlfriend he's in love with\"........... Priceless Billy! Great show!

Re:billy,s show (On Hulu PLus now)... 9 years 10 months ago #28425

Hey fellow sengers...

For those of you that have cut the cord or dish.. and do internet TV instead.

I just noticed that Filthy Riches (Harvest Moon) is available on Hulu Plus now.

Finally get to watch it (later this evening)...

TNhunter

Attachments:

Re:billy,s show 9 years 10 months ago #28437

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Lenno the editors made a mistake in the root that Caleb found and the actual root that I was mailing out that day they where two different roots. The root that Caleb found was very nice and if I remember correctly it weighed 4 1/2 ounces a true monster and worthy of Caleb's dream root that he had dreamed of since he was 11 and told me he had to find Bartholomew LoL he's a sight man, but he nicknamed it and never did give up on it I was very tickled for him that day. On the show they translated that root into a 10 ounce root worth $1k and that was not correct.

I am very happy with the way that the editors kept the true ginseng hunting spirit in the show and the right representation of Mountain people that dig and the actual footage of the terrain and digs are great. I am even more happy with the way that they kept the prayers and the lord in it because that is a large part of the family's life and is important to us.

However I have saw several editing errors in the 4 shows that we have appeared in. It always has to do with the prices, And as I said above that was two different roots. Both where awesome roots. The other one was 7 3/4 ounces, but neither was 10 ounces. Stuff like that I have caught.

If we do a season two I will certainly make sure that is corrected as well because other than that I realy like what it has brought out concerning stewardship and true love for our beloved root and the great Mountains of the Lord.

Billy.

lenno wrote:

Billy how much did that root Caleb found weigh? I couldnt tell what was said on the show.

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds

Who's Online

We have 112 guests and no members online

Login