2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: NEW HERE

NEW HERE 14 years 6 months ago #2329

and just wanted to let yall know i really enjoy yalls posts ... i never knew ginseng got so big til i came to this site ... im shocked ... ive found some big roots over the years but very rare in this area ... and never plants the size ive seen on here ... im just a good ole boy that enjoys getting out in the woods to pass the time .... seems like many of you are REALLY into digging root and know your stuff ... im hoping to learn as much as i can on here and maybe make a few friends ... when im not digging root im trapping, hunting, fishing, mushrooming, shed hunting, along with other outdoor activities ... good luck to yall and will be waiting to see the reports !!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:NEW HERE 14 years 6 months ago #2330

welcome aboard Shroomy,i too trap and coonhunt and bowhunt and the rest of the things you had listed...we like pic.'s

Re:NEW HERE 14 years 6 months ago #2335

what state are you from shroomey

Re:NEW HERE 14 years 6 months ago #2336

what state are you from shroomey

Re:NEW HERE 14 years 6 months ago #2376

im in indiana .... what state are yall in, and what all do you trap chief ... and what kind of mushrooms do you go after ?

Re:NEW HERE 14 years 6 months ago #2386

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky

Kentucky

The only shrooms we hunt or Morrels,also known in the Mountians as Hickory Chickens they are so good I wish I had a thousand of them......

Re:NEW HERE 14 years 6 months ago #2397

Billy, 2 years ago I found well over a thousand of them. Best year I'd ever seen. Picked over 500 off this one hillside. This past spring wasn't nearly as good, but found some of the bigger ones I've ever found (several 8-9 inches high) Your right those sure are good. I flour mine then fry them in real butter. Got to stop my mouth is watering!

Re:NEW HERE 14 years 6 months ago #2399

i find 1000+ morels most years ... and pick a wide variety of edible shrooms all year long ... 50 or so different types ... some good ones should be coming up as soon as we get a good rain ... found some edibles yesterday ... but left them as i was looking for \"sang\"

Re:NEW HERE 14 years 6 months ago #2401

im from virginia i sell morels every year and usually make more a year selling them than i do selling ginseng go out mushroom hunting for the day and usually find 8 or 900 a day in a good year good spot

Re:NEW HERE 14 years 6 months ago #2402

i look for goldenseal every time i go out ginseng hunting and never seem to find any not sure if it doesnt grow around here or what the deal is im not interested in digging it due to the low price but would just like to see it

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds

Who's Online

We have 619 guests and no members online

Login