2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: NEW HERE

Re:NEW HERE 14 years 7 months ago #2422

There are areas around me that just have acres of yellowroot. I dig some ocassionally when I'm out scouting for sang. Hard for me to imagine it being that scarce in other areas. Just lucky I guess.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:NEW HERE 14 years 7 months ago #2426

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Where im from there is a bountiful supply of all these roots,

Yellow root
Cohosh root,both types
Stone root
Blood root
May apple root
Sweet Yam root

I have never taking interest in digging any of these,but know them all well from my years in the Mountians.The dealers around me buy them,my seng dealer buys all this stuff.

Somthing I will share with you all that I noticed yesterday,I came across a very large patch of Black Cohosh and I have never seen the size of tops that where on these it was unreal,the leafs where so big they looked odd,the split in the steams where as round as nickles,this patch would have 50 pounds in it or more and thats not counting the large roots all around them,it would be a all day job digging this bank of Cohosh and guessing it would be well over 150 pounds.I think I will give it to my dealer and his son because they dig it and I trust them with my area they are good friends.while there harvesting this,I will finish the top of this larger side of the hill.I forgot my camera in my buddys car,but I have a very nice 4 prong to show you guys that I dug just over from that patch of Cohosh I`ll post it on my thread after tomorrows dig when I get the camera back,,almost a 2 ounce root.

Billy.

Re:NEW HERE 14 years 6 months ago #2571

Billy, I'm not familiar with stone root or sweet yam root. We may have that up here, but I don't know what it is or perhaps call it something else. If possible try to post a pic for me. Thanx. Up here it seems that jack in the pulpit and black cohosh are the best indicators for sang.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds

Who's Online

We have 114 guests and no members online

Login