2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: ITS DIGGIN TIME

Re:ITS DIGGIN TIME 11 years 5 months ago #21104

SengNveins,
Do you start your drying process on the racks just like you are showing them in the pictures or do you spread them out early on and then place them in a tighter bundle as they are now?
Hugh

By the way, that looks like 16 lbs. to me:cheer: I hope you have at least that much.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:ITS DIGGIN TIME 11 years 5 months ago #21106

Hugh....during drying I spread the roots out just one layer with space between roots. I would like to keep the roots one layer until I sell but it takes to much space..... Almost all done with drying, I will let you know the final weight shortly.

SengNveins

Re:ITS DIGGIN TIME 11 years 5 months ago #21111

SengNveins wrote:

pic

Great idea SNV, I gotta get me a couple of those baking racks;)

Re:ITS DIGGIN TIME 11 years 5 months ago #21113

SengNveins wrote:

Almost all done with drying, I will let you know the final weight shortly.

SengNveins

I'm betting on a little over 18 pounds! Good luck on the final weight, I hope it's a whopper!

Frank

Re:ITS DIGGIN TIME 11 years 5 months ago #21116

SengNveins,
All I can say is That Is Amazing!!!!!! I haven't found seng like that since the late 70's. Glad to see there are still areas you can find that amount of seng in. I am sure you have many hours invested in finding it, but what a great thing to see.
Thanks for sharing. I am going with 20 lbs. 10 trays at 2lbs per tray. Just a guess on my part and I hope I am wrong and it is more than that.
Latt

Re:ITS DIGGIN TIME 11 years 5 months ago #21175

Got all my seng dried and weighed....looks like 17lbs for this year.

SengNveins

Re:ITS DIGGIN TIME 11 years 5 months ago #21176

SengNveins,
Congratulations to you brother! A fine, fine job in your work this season.I hope that it brings at least a $1000.00 per pound. Noone deserves it any more than you do. I think you have the admiration and envy of almost everyone on the board. You set the standard.
Hugh

Re:ITS DIGGIN TIME 11 years 5 months ago #21179

SengNveins wrote:

Got all my seng dried and weighed....looks like 17lbs for this year.

SengNveins[/quote

That one heck of a pile of root for one digger. Congrats buddy, and I hope the price climbs back up soon in your area and even goes higher for you.:)

Re:ITS DIGGIN TIME 11 years 5 months ago #21182

Hugh Hartsell wrote:

SengNveins,
Congratulations to you brother! A fine, fine job in your work this season.I hope that it brings at least a $1000.00 per pound. Noone deserves it any more than you do. I think you have the admiration and envy of almost everyone on the board. You set the standard.
Hugh

Ditto, ditto and ditto on everything that Hugh wrote!

To have a season shortened by 17 days due to a change to the Ginseng Season, quickly dying plants due to drought and the season shortened another two weeks or so by early cold spells and frost and still come away with 17 dry pounds of roots, that is one heck of an accomplishment! My' hat is off to you sir!

Frank

Re:ITS DIGGIN TIME 11 years 5 months ago #21217

Thanks fellas.....I had some good times in the woods this year.

Frank are you and Hugh getting snow now?

SengNveins

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds

Who's Online

We have 50 guests and no members online

Login