2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: ITS DIGGIN TIME

Re:ITS DIGGIN TIME 11 years 6 months ago #20737

Big ole patch....not many like this still left
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:ITS DIGGIN TIME 11 years 6 months ago #20743

SengNveins,
Fabulous job! You have it down to an art. How close are you now to that magic 14lbs. that you got last season? I know it's about gone but I'd like to see you get to 20 lbs one year.
Hugh

Also, I hope you have made plans for that book. If anyone could write one about how to do this successfully, you're the one.

Re:ITS DIGGIN TIME 11 years 6 months ago #20745

Man SengNveins, you are surely lucky and blessed! Must feel like you are in the movie The Wizard of Oz where you \"Follow the yellow leafed road, follow the yellow leafed road, follow, follow, follow, follow the yellow leafed road\"! Yeah, I tried to change the color of the words to yellow but you can't read them.:laugh:

Frank

Re:ITS DIGGIN TIME 11 years 6 months ago #20746

Hugh, I have not weighed any of my dried seng yet this year, I usually keep up with it but I am going to wait till I am done and its all dry this time. 20 lbs is a terrible lot of seng to dig in a year for one person, but with the places I have added to my list it could be possible if we get the right rain at the right time for a few years. The young seng has had a rough time the last few years due to the drought conditions. Thanks for the good words!

Huntsman, you are to funny:laugh: . I feel blessed every time I get a chance to get into the woods.

Re:ITS DIGGIN TIME 11 years 6 months ago #20747

Wow I never see patches that big up here! Nice find!

Re:ITS DIGGIN TIME 11 years 6 months ago #20752

SNV,

No doubt you have had a great year, worked hard, and hope you get the best price ever for those bueatiful roots you are finding there friend.

Love to see those big patches of yellow bueaties.

It is sort of bitter sweet, cause they are bueatiful for sure, but that also means it will not be around a whole lot longer.

Get it while you can SNV, and keep those pictures coming.

TNhunter

Re:ITS DIGGIN TIME 11 years 6 months ago #20755

Nice stuff SNV! Thanks for sharing all the great pics this year. you have sure got some nice patches of seng.

Re:ITS DIGGIN TIME 11 years 6 months ago #20814

Thanks guys, just a few more hunts and its over for me. I got after it again today!

SengNveins
Attachments:

Re:ITS DIGGIN TIME 11 years 6 months ago #20816

This is a picture of some of a big patch with about 10 big boys in it
Attachments:

Re:ITS DIGGIN TIME 11 years 6 months ago #20817

here is a picture of the stems/tops of the big boy patch
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds