2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: ITS DIGGIN TIME

Re:ITS DIGGIN TIME 11 years 6 months ago #20483

pic
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:ITS DIGGIN TIME 11 years 6 months ago #20484

pic
Attachments:

Re:ITS DIGGIN TIME 11 years 6 months ago #20485

Very nice dig SNV! Great pics of the plants too. You've sure dug a pile of root this year.

Re:ITS DIGGIN TIME 11 years 6 months ago #20486

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Just a great dig seng and alot of bulbs excellent

Re:ITS DIGGIN TIME 11 years 6 months ago #20492

Hugh, I wish I could have got in these woods earlier this season, the tops on most plants were barely hanging on the root(easy to break off) and alot of them were weak wilted yellow not tall golden umbrellas!

5, I have had a good year considering the dry season.

Billy, thanks man !

Re:ITS DIGGIN TIME 11 years 6 months ago #20502

SengNveins,
Your fortunate to have gotten this real good day in with the weather being a monster this year. Really fine job on this group of roots. You'll be lucky to get beyond this week with tops still showing.
As I posted a minute ago, I was pleasantly surprised to find a couple of plants this morning that were still green. I have been scouting over new territory every time I get out. Finding a plant for me is about like some guys finding a 6 prong. It is so difficult to find in my neck of the woods that I do high5s, and waves, and backward flips, and shout loud enough to be heard in Middle Tennessee when I'm able to find a simple little 3 prong.
I hope you get at least a couple more trips in.
Hugh

Re:ITS DIGGIN TIME 11 years 6 months ago #20507

Nice haul there SNV and some great looking roots.

I have another hunt planned this week (probably thursday evening) in a location that looks good on the topo maps and I have hunted hollows near this area and done good.

This past Saturday I found 25-26 plants in a hollow close to home and all but 1 was yellow (only 1 still green). Many were laying over and obviously very weak. Tops breaking off very easy.

We got some rain yesterday and I bet that put some of it on down.

I hope to get a few more nice ones on this hunt and that may be all for me this year.

Leaving on Saturday for a week at Gulf Shores (family vacation).

We will be back on 10/12 and I sort of doubt there will be much still standing after that.

Good Luck to you all as the season winds down !

TNhunter

Re:ITS DIGGIN TIME 11 years 6 months ago #20515

Hugh....I wish your seng was better in your area, seems like you have a passion for it. Maybe with help from others like yourself (good stewards) your seng will improve. Alot of seng is already down here, but like every year it will still be hiding in those deep spots for several more weeks.

Tn....good luck on your Thursday trip and have fun and be safe on your vacation:)

SengNveins

Re:ITS DIGGIN TIME 11 years 6 months ago #20516

Back at it again...cant get enough:laugh:

SengNveins
Attachments:

Re:ITS DIGGIN TIME 11 years 6 months ago #20517

pic
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds