• CITES permits are required for export of American ginseng, and must be obtained from the FWS’s Division of Management Authority (DMA).
• Complete and submit export application form 3-200-34 to DMA (download at: http://www.fws.gov/forms/3-200-34.pdf).
• Photocopies of your valid State ginseng dealer's permit or license, and of your valid U.S. Department of Agriculture General Permit must be submitted with your application.
• For the upcoming harvest season, applications for wild ginseng should be submitted to DMA no sooner than July 15th.
• Applications for wild ginseng from prior harvest seasons may be submitted at any time.
• Wild ginseng collected in different harvest seasons require separate CITES exports permits issued specific to the season that the ginseng was collected in.
• Allow DMA 60 days to process your application.
• A complete original CITES export permit plus two complete copies of that permit, a complete Wild Ginseng Export Report, the original State Certificates, and a shipper's invoice are all required at the time of export. CITES export permits are valid for six months.
• For more information, contact DMA at:
phone:1-800-358-2104 or 1-703-358-2104;
Web Address: http://www.fws.gov/permits
Source from American Herbal Product Association