2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: any movement in price

Re:any movement in price 15 years 3 months ago #983

• White Beard
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I know, the folks here are in desperate conditions; my brother in law waited as long as he could, no work all summer so he dug sang; then he had to sell cheap to put tires on his vehicle.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:any movement in price 15 years 3 months ago #984

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
White Beard most of the dealers in this area are giving between 200 and 250 a pound dry.My dealer is always as good to me as he can be and would give me 300 a pound now,but I have got to hold mine till the price gos over that.Yea Hickory Chickens was sure the name of the shrooms around hear with all the old timers and alot of us Grandsons still refer to them by that :)

Re:any movement in price 15 years 3 months ago #989

Always interesting to hear what things are called in other parts of our country. I hope to try my luck at the \"Hickory Chickens\" next spring here in Minnesota. Another thing I hope to learn and do is harvest wild rice. But the season on rice is about the same time as sang!! Will have to decide if I wanna go to the woods or go to the lake!

Re:any movement in price 15 years 3 months ago #991

• Perfekt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
$270 lb today in swva

Wise county

Re:any movement in price 15 years 3 months ago #992

Hi Hunt,,,Chaska is a far southwest suburb of the Twin Cities. Coon Rapids is a far northwest suburb. Lots of good lakes right there in the area. We dug our sang pretty close to home,,,we are in the Minnesota River Valley,,,so if I stay close to the valley we have hills,,,but lots of flatter farmland the further you get from the river. Southeastern Minnesota has some beautifull bluff country,,,lots of hills down there. Hope you get to visit your brother some day,,,make sure you bring you fishing gear!!

Re:any movement in price 15 years 3 months ago #993

• White Beard
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I would love to have a photo and info. on 'wild rice'.

Re:any movement in price 15 years 3 months ago #994

• White Beard
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I'm sitting on mine too; to long, to hard, to give it away.

Re:any movement in price 15 years 3 months ago #996

Northern, I hope to get up that way some day to visit my bro.I would like to see what Minn. is like,I believe it would have to be summer time to come up there.My Dad was in the Forest Service and lived in Duluth for a time but I did not visit with them when they were there either.Looks like a great state for an outdoorsman!!!

Re:any movement in price 15 years 3 months ago #997

Another pic to get back on topic!!
Attachments:

Re:any movement in price 15 years 3 months ago #998

Hi White Beard,,,we can harvest wild rice here in Minnesota,,,just have to get a permit for 25 dollars. We can sell it to the processors for a couple bucks a pound. Its hard work,,but a good team could harvest a couple hundred pounds a day. Strict regs on the equipment,,canoe can only be 38 inches wide,,,knockers must be made of Cedar and a certian weight and length,,,push pole must be a certian length. Not many harvest anymore,,and most of the rice is eaten by the ducks and geese or falls to the bottom of the lake. I will try to find a web site for you to check out,,,should have lots of info.

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds

Who's Online

We have 767 guests and no members online

Login