2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Any buyers in Southern Indiana?

Any buyers in Southern Indiana? 15 years 4 months ago #839

• Ncbb
  • Ncbb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Just getting into this Ginseng hunting and found out our property in Orange County is loaded with it. Who in the area buys ginseng? Do I have to dry it first? Since the window for collecting it is almost over, we want to move on this as soon as possible but want to do it properly. Any help out there would be appreciated!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Any buyers in Southern Indiana? 15 years 4 months ago #841

There are buyers but most aren't buying now.If they are they aren't going to pay you much for it.

Re:Any buyers in Southern Indiana? 15 years 4 months ago #843

• Ncbb
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Ok, I'm new. Why aren't they buying now? When do they buy so I'll know for future reference? I'd appreciate any help.

Re:Any buyers in Southern Indiana? 15 years 4 months ago #846

Ncbb, The selling season in Indiana is Sept.1st thru March 31st. From what I understand, the Bad Market/Economy here and in China has prices low.Some buyers are not buying at all.Let us hope it goes up soon.I hope that you did not go out on your property and dig all your ginseng this year.State laws and buyers addys are on this Web site you can learn alot about ginseng right here. Good luck.

Re:Any buyers in Southern Indiana? 15 years 4 months ago #853

• ruthie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
There is a guy up here in clinton county
tht is giving 300 to 350 for dry wild seng
his # (765)379-2950.

Re:Any buyers in Southern Indiana? 15 years 4 months ago #854

• Ncbb
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
NO no no no. We didn't go picking at all, just found that the \"improvements to the land\" issued forth a lot of ginseng. There is still plenty there which will remain undisturbed. This just happened to go for the house diggings and was found. We used to go searching years ago (maybe 10) with our boys and their friends and recognized it or thought we did. Asked a few people and they confirmed it. We don't want to waste it but don't have a clue who to trust or what the price should be to actually sell or even who buys it now.

Re:Any buyers in Southern Indiana? 15 years 4 months ago #855

• Ncbb
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks Ruthie. I appreciate a # and $$. I'll check him out.

Re:Any buyers in Southern Indiana? 15 years 4 months ago #862

Your in orange county check Vance Murphy's in Paoli or some guy named Tony around the Valley area.I have not checked with those guys but I bet they will maybe give you around 300 a lb for it now.If you can, wait till the price goes up!!

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds

Who's Online

We have 391 guests and no members online

Login