2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: international shipping of ginseng

international shipping of ginseng 13 years 4 months ago #7982

Hey guys and gals,

I was wondering if anyone knows exactly what paperwork is needed to ship ginseng internationally. I know you would need the state issued export certificate, which is easy to get being a dealer. Our state plant pathologist says I would need a CITES certificate from the USDA, and said there may be more paperwork needed at a federal level, but he does not deal with international shipments, so he does not know for sure.

I also once heard that certain countries would require paperwork from their country before shipping.

Any help is much appreciated,
-Steve

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:international shipping of ginseng 13 years 4 months ago #7984

The original CITES export permit plus two copies, a Wild Ginseng Export Report, the original State Certificates and a Shipper's Invoice are required to get it out of the country..... now as far as gettin it into a country I can't tell ya but it's all alot of paerwork isn't it lol

Re:international shipping of ginseng 13 years 4 months ago #7987

I am familiar with almost all those papers but what is a Wild Ginseng Export Report?

Re:international shipping of ginseng 13 years 4 months ago #7988

That I am unsure of for I have never filled one out but our state agent here told me it is required for federal export

Re:international shipping of ginseng 13 years 4 months ago #8006

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
In the Stat of Kentucky I have met 2 international dealers.They both told me that the paper was awful and 1 of them told me that they where about to give it up because it just keeps getting worse.I was suprised that there where only 3 c.i.t.e.s. dealers represnting the entire State of Ky. And as much suprised that one of them is tired of the hassel of dealing with it. I have not met the 3rd dealer yet.

Re:international shipping of ginseng 13 years 4 months ago #8008

• kman
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • looking for 1/2 lb dry wild sang
The situation seems very different in Wisconsin...according to Hsu's website for internation shipping...
english.hsuginseng.com/content/content.a...;contentid=102183127

Exports of wild American ginseng

To ship or take Wild American Ginseng overseas, it is recommended that you apply for a CITES (Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora). Even with a CITES included, the foreign duty and taxes are the customer's responsibility. YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE IF GINSENG IS SENT WITHOUT PROPER DOCUMENTATION!!

How to apply for a CITES?
Hsu's can apply for a CITES for you for $50. The application process takes about 7~14 days. This fee will be charged once the documents are ready. Just write \"CITES\" on the customer's note column at checkout before submitting your order if you would like us to apply one. Your package will be sent with all necessary CITES documents.

Re:international shipping of ginseng 13 years 4 months ago #8010

To obtain a CITIES Multi use permit just contact Cities it's free and they are very helpful.
In Canada they require a Cultivation method form to be filled out( woods grown, wild simulated).

guy

Re:international shipping of ginseng 13 years 4 months ago #8011

Forms are easy to fill,don't waste your hard earned money.

If we start a co-op or export co. just fill out the multi use forms.

Some more reading

For Hong Kong, both the ginseng root and seed are unrestricted. That means you don't need to contact us for anything.

For China, a plain phyto for roots. We have to inspect and find the roots free of soil before issuing a certificate.

For China, an import permit is required for seed . That means the Chinese importer must obtain an Import Permit from China for seed coming in. They forward that to you and the Import Permit gives us the requirements for inspection. This is often done when the importing country views the product as high risk. Seed could be viewed as high risk because it could bring in disease which would be introduced to the soil. The comment on the import permit is that the Chinese require one but to date their have been no special requirements on it i.e. seed treatment etc.

A word of caution: Although not a phytosanitary issue, but please be aware that a CITES export permit may be required for the export of ginseng material. You will have to contact the CITES office for further information.

Also please note that many clients export ginseng to Hong Kong with the intention of ultimately shipping it to China. We can not issue phytos for Hong Kong. If the client wants a phyto, it must be issued to a name and address in China. Without this, the product may be stopped at the Chinese border. We issue the phyto to China via Hong Kong.

fees are under 20 dollars

We ask 10 days to inspect and write a phytosanitary certificate. This allows us to check the import requirements at that time.
Please be advised that this information is correct at the time of writing but can change at any time. Please request it again when you are planning to export.

guy

Re:international shipping of ginseng 13 years 3 months ago #8484

• ghammond1
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
So, essentially you guys are saying that you can skip the middle man and sell directly overseas if you have a buyer in, say, Hong Kong or China. That sounds pretty interesting. I was under the impression you had to find a seller in the US who would then sell the roots overseas for you and take a chunk of the pie for the service.

I don't have any roots to sell yet, :) but I'll keep this in the back of my mind if I ever do!

-G

Re:international shipping of ginseng 13 years 3 months ago #8485

I like that idea too!

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds

Who's Online

We have 426 guests and no members online

Login