2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Buyer replies

Buyer replies 15 years 5 months ago #689

Thank you for your replies. Tell me do people really make offers sight unseen? They certainly don't in the cultivated market. If you're interested in meeting when I visit your area send some contact info so I can schedule my trip.

About two months ago I received unsolicited offers from several local dealers. They said they had been selling to a trader from Hong Kong who had retired at age 98 and they needed someone new to deal with. At that time they were asking in the $USD500-600 range. Since then prices have dropped. The largest quit buying and has no inventory because they said the price ($USD250) was too low to offer to the harvesters and they couldn't make their normal markup. So, bottom line, the posting on your site saying to hang onto it are probably good advice if you can afford it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Buyer replies 15 years 5 months ago #690

yes i'v got two buyers that I ship to in the past that buy sight unseen ...ain't that the way it always is when you ship sang....does the overseas buyers come and look at every root they buy from American sellers.???????????????????ok you'v made alot of good point's but the thing you ain;t done is shoot us a price per pound...just a ball park figure would help......see heres the deal we'v said what we would consider our lowest price to sell, I think the number $500.00 a pound was talked about .you have not told us what you are giving....all you are saying is you want to buy some sang ....so what are you paying???????????

Re:Buyer replies 15 years 5 months ago #695

• F Hedrick
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I think $500 a pound is reasonable. All the dealers I have talked to seem to think the ginseng price will go way up after the presidential election or around Christmas time. Here in WV the price was as low as $250 but is back up to around $325.00 now and most people are still not selling their sang.

Re:Buyer replies 15 years 5 months ago #701

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
I am with Chieftain on this subject what price do you offer ?

I to think the price will continue to raise for a bit.

Re:Buyer replies 15 years 5 months ago #702

I'am gonna hang on to mine untill the price goes up,aint in no hurry to sell.If i half to i will keep it untill next year.Getting ready for coonhunting season now.

Re:Buyer replies 15 years 5 months ago #703

me too 50 ....I treed two last night season wont start here till nov.the 10th..

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds

Who's Online

We have 545 guests and no members online

Login