2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Likely to go up????

Likely to go up???? 13 years 5 months ago #6833

Hi Folks.

As of last Friday the prices from different dealers here in Ohio ranged from $450 per pound dry to $600+ per pound dry. Large difference in price from dealer to dealer. Would it be wise to wait a little longer , would you think that this $600+ quote may get even better? I know it is all a guess,,,but,,,what would you do??? Sell or hold?? New to all of this and just wondering what the opinions are on this. $600+ quote had me going :ohmy: . But I have read many posts were folks have said as a general rule the price hits its best in mid November to mid December.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Likely to go up???? 13 years 5 months ago #6834

I hold mine every year till the Monday BEFORE Thanksgiving and always got a good price then. There was one or two years it went up after I sold but not many. Thats what I do , others may do different but this works for me.

Re:Likely to go up???? 13 years 5 months ago #6838

If prices drop, they ususally go back down gradually. Just like they go up gradually. This is just a generalization but usually this is how it is. My best advice is to stay in contact with the dealer that has given you the $600 quote. call him every 3 days or so. Price may continue up or it may start down, but if it starts going down you can offload it before it drops off a lot. Kind of like playing the stock market. It may go up quite a bit more making the gamble to hold it really pay off, or you may have to take a small hit, but if you do it like this year after year it will usually pay off in the long run. The key is to keep in contact with the dealer or several dealers really.

I tell you this, but I already sold mine for $500/ lb., but only dug 13 ounces this year. If I had dug several pounds or more, I'd still be holding it. Just didn't make sense to me to hold out for such a small amount. That and I had my eye on a rifle that is now in my possession:)

Re:Likely to go up???? 13 years 5 months ago #6839

congrats on the rifle..5,

Re:Likely to go up???? 13 years 5 months ago #6841

Chieftan,

I can only repeat what the dealer we have sold to the past couple years told me a week or two ago (at that point his price was 500.00 but could go a bit higher for quality/quantity).

He has been dealing in seng a long long time and said the best price is usually somewhere between Nov 15 and Dec 15.

He said the # of buyers he has interested in buying from him drops after Dec 15 and he thinks that is because they really want to buy and have it ready to sell before the Chinese new year celebration starts. He thinks interest from Chinese buyers slacks off after that.

But now 600.00 is sure a good price.

I hope that holds out for you or goes on up.

I am like you - keep checking in here to see if anything seems to be changing. I plan to call my buyer back around Nov 15, unless I hear of price drops here first.

TNhunter

Re:Likely to go up???? 13 years 5 months ago #6846

thanks for the imfo.Tn..$600would be good for sure.I'm like you I'm holding on till Nov...I got some that ain't dry yet anyway..

Re:Likely to go up???? 13 years 5 months ago #6848

Thanks Chief. Got a pretty good deal on a Savage chambered in .223 Rem. Good shooting gun too. Not like I really needed it, but it aint never hurt me to own one more!

Re:Likely to go up???? 13 years 5 months ago #6851

may I inquire as to which dealer offered you 600 a pound, I may have to go visit him

Re:Likely to go up???? 13 years 5 months ago #6858

5prong
Congrats on the savage! Does it have the accu trigger? My armalite in 223 with bull barrel is a great coyote gun.

billygoat

The dealer is

Ricky Campbell
Newton ridge Gunshop
Malta Oh
740-559-2382

real freindly guy and I think another forum member has already sold to him at this price. He gave me the same price over the phone and told me a little better with a few pounds and good ole root.

Re:Likely to go up???? 13 years 5 months ago #6894

Yes on the accutrigger. I've been wanting an AR, but haven't run across the right deal yet. Although I'm sure it would make a great yote gun I just want it (the AR) to have fun and plink around with. I'll probably pick one up within the next year or so. Doubt that I can hold out any longer than that;)

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds

Who's Online

We have 355 guests and no members online

Login