2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Pin drops on prices

Pin drops on prices 7 years 6 months ago #39105

Gee why has no one mentioned prices this season.I have been quoted $80 a green pound and $145 a green pound. Here in WNC .Big difference ain't it .those quotes were 30 min apart on Friday.It must be some corruption or someone don't know what they are doing.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Pin drops on prices 7 years 6 months ago #39110

wise1...

Looking around online (google search on 2016 ginseng prices) I found the website below...

www.wildozark.com/2016-ginseng-prices/

Evidently they accept email from diggers or dealers and post any news to this board.

Below is what has been posted so far for 2016.

No idea how accurate that is, but it does mention the region/state reporting the details.

The prices from WV sound pretty good, but from KY, not so good. I am in TN and we usually get something close to KY prices here.

Good Luck to all !

TNHunter

===

Updates

9-1-16 from west/central Indiana – Talked to my buyer in west central Indiana he’s buying wet from $95-$110 and will starting at $320 dry on Saturday. – Dustin

9-1-16 from southern Indiana – I’m from southern Indiana, about 70 miles south of Indianapolis. I talked with 2 buyers today that were offering 80 dollars a pound wet and 300 dollars/lb dry for ginseng. – Mike

8/31/16 Buyer Update from AR & MO:

Arkansas: September 15th 2016
Missouri: September 1rst 2016 (Must meet in Missouri, unless previously certified)

I will start buying fresh “green” ginseng at $105.00/pound for average well dug ginseng. I will buy large/old green ginseng at $120/pound. Small, broken, busted, gouged green roots will be $50.00/pound.

Due to the terrible condition of the dry market I will not be buying dry ginseng at this time, unless it is VERY nice. This may change, but stands for now. – Trevor Mills

8/30/16 From KY: I’ve spoken with three different buyers and they are saying dry will top out around 400 if we are lucky. Said it would be worst prices in last decade. I hope things change. Poachers have depleted it and since Appalachian outlaws. No permits for national forests this year.(Daniel Boone) It’s the beginning of the en d for many years I predict.

8/5/15 I have family member who buys and sells wild Ginseng in Southern WV. Another long time friend of mine who is also in the business. They both informed me that Ginseng will probably start out at around $175-$225 dollars a pound wet (Sept. 1st) and from $500-$750 per pound dry once they begin buying it mid September. Traveling an hour or so from my small town can usually bring you an extra $20 per pound and have seen it bring in close to $75 dollars more per pound. Also I spoke to one of the guys earlier and he informed me that he expects a substantial leap in price per pound near the middle-end of digging season followed by a slight drop near the end. – Derek Adkins, about 1.5 hrs from Charleston, WV

Re:Pin drops on prices 7 years 6 months ago #39119

wise1 wrote:

Gee why has no one mentioned prices this season.I have been quoted $80 a green pound and $145 a green pound. Here in WNC .Big difference ain't it .those quotes were 30 min apart on Friday.It must be some corruption or someone don't know what they are doing.

Here's the problem with buying green. All cut or damaged roots will have to go into the drying pile. If a dealer pays too much for the green and has to dry it he could lose big time. High prices are for the well dug undamaged roots. A much lower price is for the average of good and bad roots.

Re:Pin drops on prices 7 years 6 months ago #39124

Hey wise1 I got a price of 160 in our neck of the woods, not sure just where you are at it am outside of bryson city let me know if you want more details.

Re:Pin drops on prices 7 years 6 months ago #39127

Don't buy in to all this 'doom and gloom\". Wait for the market to develop. I bought green roots today for $10 an ounce and have offered up to $500 for decent dry root. I'm in the blind too, but I know a little than most, simply because I've been here longer. I believe the dig will be less than normal, and I am a gambler. Take that for what it's worth, but if you have good quality ginseng to sell, you should hang on for a while. Or PM me

Re:Pin drops on prices 7 years 6 months ago #39133

Is that for $10 an oz. for any green whether damaged or not?

Re:Pin drops on prices 7 years 6 months ago #39134

Well guys I got 350 a pound wet yesterday. Almost had 6 pounds. Awsome new ground nothing under 20 years old. I thought he low balled me till I seen the prices In new York. Had to drive 4 hours to pensalvana. Then 4 hours back.... what a day. It was worth it.

Re:Pin drops on prices 7 years 6 months ago #39135

Well guys I got 350 a pound wet yesterday. Almost had 6 pounds. Awsome new ground nothing under 20 years old. I thought he low balled me till I seen the prices In new York. Had to drive 4 hours to pensalvana. Then 4 hours back.... what a day. It was worth it.

Re:Pin drops on prices 7 years 6 months ago #39136

in ky 8 to $10 an oz. green

Re:Pin drops on prices 7 years 6 months ago #39142

dumb question 1

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds

Who's Online

We have 520 guests and no members online