2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ginseng prices

Ginseng prices 8 years 6 months ago #37376

To all you guys/gals seeking prices, no matter what state,a red pick-up is still a red pick-up. Thanks to the\"wonderful\" TV show telling all of us that ginseng roots are easily worth $1000 bucks, green or dry, and you can even get paid for your bag or box, so bring a heavy box, and don't worry abouy cleaning or breaking the roots, the price can only go up.
Well, here is the real scoop. The harvest over the last 3 years has almost tripled. There is a large quanity of small, broken, and inferior roots from 2014, still unsold to the end user. On the other hand, the demand for seasonal, clean and un=damaged roots, is still very good. With that said, No one on this forum can tell you what your roots are worth, site unseen. I only post this, because I too, am a root digger, as well as a buyer. And I love all you diggers.
Just trying to inform. Best of luck, Terry

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Ginseng prices 8 years 6 months ago #37379

Well if buyers woudent have bought the trash root off the people that think they will make a fortune off that trash root it it wouldn't be there to hold over

Re:Ginseng prices 8 years 6 months ago #37381

I'm sick of being under paid for my good old sang isn't my first rodeo done with wanna be buyers too

Re:Ginseng prices 8 years 6 months ago #37382

Re:Ginseng prices 8 years 6 months ago #37384

I'm sick of being under paid for my good old sang isn't my first rodeo done with wanna be buyers too

Re:Ginseng prices 8 years 6 months ago #37385

I agree oakhunter.I started digging in Illinois in 1982.Since then i moved to Missouri and dig in Missouri now.The root where i live and hunt now is smaller on average because of heavy clay soil and lack of nutrients and is less plentiful than when i lived in Illinois.Im not trying to be a crybaby but have always wondered why if the root is too small than why are buyers still buying it?Is the root less potent?Still has alot of neckscars,is clean,wild,and unbroken.Is this a buyers tool to run your sang down and try to buy it cheaper or is it because the chinese specifically only really want to buy extra large root.As long as its been dried proper and looks good ive never seen a buyer say no im not interested. oakhunter27 wrote:

Well if buyers woudent have bought the trash root off the people that think they will make a fortune off that trash root it it wouldn't be there to hold over

Re:Ginseng prices 8 years 6 months ago #37391

oakhunter27 wrote:

I wish I had a buck for every digger I've heard that from as they walked up to the scales...most of them with 50% broken or small stuff.

Re:Ginseng prices 8 years 6 months ago #37397

We'll brad you know what u mean the good days are gone my root will be left in the ground till m gone if u know what I mean the good days gone nothing but but novice diggers ruining something I've been working on bettering for 25 plus years and now getting punish ed for a select few idiots that think they will get rich off my hobby that I love and respect

Re:Ginseng prices 8 years 6 months ago #37398

And brad u know I bring good sang too the table oakhunter

Re:Ginseng prices 8 years 6 months ago #37399

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds

Who's Online

We have 167 guests and no members online

Login