2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Attn: Licensed Vermont Collectors - $425-$500/lb. fresh

Attn: Licensed Vermont Collectors - $425-$500/lb. fresh 8 years 7 months ago #37343

If you are a licensed Vermont ginseng collector we would be interested in purchasing some fresh/green ginseng from you. We are licensed to purchase Vermont wild ginseng by the Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food & Markets (VAAFM). Please read this note in its entirety before harvesting, contacting us or responding to this thread. Here is the type of Vermont wild ginseng we would be interested in potentially purchasing this season:

Green/Fresh: 10 to 15 years old - From $425 to $500 per pound.

100% of your wild fresh ginseng roots will stay in Vermont. We will transplant them and not resell them.

We are not interested in 16+ year old roots, dried ginseng or fresh ginseng that has been washed or soaked in water. We need to feel the roots will come back up next year if we plant them and will happily consider purchasing your roots so long as:

1) They are wild, not wild-simulated and have traditional wild characteristics
2) They have bulby character
3) They are unwashed and as fresh as possible with the dirt still on them - we would pay you for the weight of the dirt still on the roots. (Please do not let them touch water)
4) They are 10 to 15 years old
5) The roots must be firm and the buds must be healthy
6) The roots should be kept in a refrigerator in a closed container or Ziploc bag in forest dirt until the time of sale

Please note there are factors we take into account when purchasing ginseng in addition to the above general characteristics. As such, even if you feel your roots meet all of the above characteristics, we may still respectfully choose not to purchase them. Keep in mind bigger roots will command a higher price.

Get permission from landowners before you dig. Remember to only harvest 10-year old or older plants with 100% of their berries having turned red. Please carefully plant all red berries you find and kindly leave a substantial amount of mature plants for future years. Licensed Vermont dealers must certify before sale. We will certify any uncertified roots harvested by licensed collectors shortly after purchase. If you have any questions on Vermont ginseng regulations, please see the Vermont ginseng rules here:
agriculture.vermont.gov/sites/ag/files/P...ng%20Rule%202014.pdf or call the VAAFM at 802-828-2431.

If you have any questions or comments or would like to learn more, please contact us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. Along with your email, please provide a picture of a representative sample of any roots you may be interested in selling. If we agree to purchase your roots and you bring them to us, we would pay you an extra $15 per vehicle per trip to cover travel expenses. Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Attn: Licensed Vermont Collectors - $425-$500/lb. fresh 8 years 6 months ago #37619

Hi I recently tried to contact you . I have 4.4 pounds of fresh ginseng. Some monster roots. Half over 50 years of age. It's from vt and I have my permit. You can give me a call if interested at 5186369898 or email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. thanks.

Re:Attn: Licensed Vermont Collectors - $425-$500/lb. fresh 8 years 6 months ago #37621

Four prong, sounds like you have a great lot of roots but after reading the entire post it sounds like they are only interested in purchasing 10-15 year old roots ONLY. Luckily for you I doubt you'll have a problem selling your lot to a dealer.

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds

Who's Online

We have 357 guests and no members online

Login