2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: why such a price per lb difference per state?

why such a price per lb difference per state? 15 years 6 months ago #353

• jen
  • jen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
My boyfriend has been digging seng since he was small. i am new to the fun. we do it for recreation and a little xtra xmas money. why is it that some places are buying for 1000 a lb and other places(we sell near southern OH) are only 350?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:why such a price per lb difference per state? 15 years 6 months ago #377

• Vince the Digger
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hmmmm, which state is paying $1000/pound?

Seems average price per pound for wild dried ginseng is around $350-$450 this season. Now last season prices soared to ~$1000/pound in different states.....maybe that's what you're thinking of. *shrug*

Also, I'm not real sure why ginseng was so high last season.....my ginseng dealer informed me it was because of a drought, and he also mentioned that companies in Asia last season was flooded with the root, hence is why it started back so low this season. My dealer also told me....he didn't see it soaring as high as it did last season, $600/pound tops.

(Now in no way is my local ginseng dealer a friend of mine or remotely close to me. For all I know, it could be a bunch of hog-wash he's feeding me. Just passing on what I was told.)

.....and on a side note, my local dealer is currently paying $400/pound in WV (or only $20 an ounce if you have less than a pound) He dropped the price to $340/pound last week for a couple days, then raised it back to $400 pretty quickly.

Re:why such a price per lb difference per state? 15 years 6 months ago #404

my uncle said a man in ky was expecting to pay over 1100 a lb by the end of his buying season. (that is yet to be seen:))
in southern oh they have started out at 350.
we sold at 800 a lb dry last yr.

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds

Who's Online

We have 448 guests and no members online

Login