2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Prices

Prices 9 years 4 months ago #33898

Let's hear some price updates

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Prices 9 years 4 months ago #33901

I got some news that was music to my ears yesterday here in Pa, things aren't going to come to fruition until Saturday but if things go well I sure will give the full story then...

Re:Prices 9 years 4 months ago #33906

Do tell always like good news

Re:Prices 9 years 3 months ago #33955

westernPaBilly wrote:

I got some news that was music to my ears yesterday here in Pa, things aren't going to come to fruition until Saturday but if things go well I sure will give the full story then...

just got back from Hershey's International near Carlisle,Pa got $800 lb. 6 pounds of sang so I was grateful. That comes out to $900 more then dealers around here were give me !
Baird Hershey said he had 700 pounds coming in from N.C. today and 250 from Kentucky !
He said he thought the price would be going down next week. Not sure but it sounded like he wasn't taking anymore after today?!

Re:Prices 9 years 3 months ago #33965

WesternPaBilly...glad to hear you got a good price. Beats $700-750 in SW Pa.

Re:Prices 9 years 3 months ago #33967

TylerCounty wrote:

WesternPaBilly...glad to hear you got a good price. Beats $700-750 in SW Pa.

yes thank you TylerCounty, $45 worth of gas in exchange for 900 extra dollars for the sang,I'll take that ! They had bought 7000 pounds this year compared to 11,000 last year. He said there's a lot of ginseng still out there and that's why he thinks the price might go down. I guess this doesn't bode well for next season?

Re:Prices 9 years 3 months ago #33968

maybe it would be a good idea next season for a bunch of us western Pa diggers to get together and sell our ginseng out east there ?!

Re:Prices 9 years 3 months ago #34040

That sounds like a good idea. I harvested about 7.5 lbs. dry this year...and next year I should be able to double that...I honestly found more than I could dig this summer...and taught my dad how to dig to help me out. I have made arrangements with more coal companies in the mountain regions for this upcoming season. Maybe we can get together sometime and dig. I've got spots in Allegheny, Washington, Westmoreland, and Fayette counties, along with my farm in Northern WV.

Re:Prices 9 years 3 months ago #34042

TylerCounty wrote:

That sounds like a good idea. I harvested about 7.5 lbs. dry this year...and next year I should be able to double that...I honestly found more than I could dig this summer...and taught my dad how to dig to help me out. I have made arrangements with more coal companies in the mountain regions for this upcoming season. Maybe we can get together sometime and dig. I've got spots in Allegheny, Washington, Westmoreland, and Fayette counties, along with my farm in Northern WV.

Wow, you have a nice dilemma there, yeah it would be nice to get together once and hunt together. Braid there at Hershey Int. sounds like a fair guy to with also, the reason I mentioned getting our ginseng together to sell to him is that I doubt he would have entertained my offer to bring the sang across the state if I hadn't had that amount, 6 lb. It seemed like he never bought from an individual from Pa before. As soon as I walked in there he asked me for my diggers license, I said what, I don't have a diggers license, then I thought I came all this way to have to turn around and go home without selling it. He then quickly said I guess maybe one doesn't need one and he then went back in his office and I heard him calling a few people to ask if a license was needed.
Obviously finding out it wasn't needed....... so the more sang we have the better chance he'll buy smaller lots. As I said previously he normally buys by the hundreds of pounds I take it from him saying he had these big lots of sang coming in that day from down south.

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds

Who's Online

We have 794 guests and no members online

Login