2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Pa prices

Pa prices 9 years 4 months ago #33646

Sent pics of my Pa sang to Fong Lam of TNA Ginseng out of Bethlehem to get a quote. Last week he offered $750/lb on quality sang that he said would have brought $1000/lb last year. He says the deal in Hong Kong is affecting prices. What about Korea and other ginseng consuming regions? Anyway I'm really hoping to make $1000/lb yet. Anyone else have any input on Pa prices?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Pa prices 9 years 4 months ago #33647

just seen some bad reports about TNA on Facebook, if you go to him let us know how it goes

Re:Pa prices 9 years 4 months ago #33651

For those prices, I'll likely sell to a dealer in SW Pa as their quotes are similar and not located 7 hrs away. TNA seems to be a scam. Fong Lam can't speak the English language either, by the way. Wonder if he's here on a visa or is actually a citizen. Should be deported for the scam he is running. Guarantee he directly exports our sang straight to China for a solid profit margin.

Re:Pa prices 9 years 4 months ago #33653

yea I called ole Fong at TNA and hes offering the same prices my local dealer is... but he only wants the most perfect of perfect nothing less... sorry but not all sang can be perfect.. you pull root out the ground the way God made it... On top of getting it certified and that whole process.. waste of time n money if you ask me. Good luck to u though

Re:Pa prices 9 years 4 months ago #33656

this is my stomping grounds mostly, is any of the dealers mentioned here in Crabtree ?

Re:Pa prices 9 years 4 months ago #33659

I don't have any root to sell, but I called my local guy in Northern PA and he's at $450 for high quality, $350 for regular root. Same story every year, always 30% lower than everywhere else I read about.

Re:Pa prices 9 years 4 months ago #33780

Mortis, I have also been quoted by dealers in Fayette, Somerset, and Westmoreland Counties at $750 / lb. dry from black soil and must be avg. 10 yrs old or better and bulby....sounds like TNA but local.

Re:Pa prices 9 years 4 months ago #33784

I think am going to pay a visit to two Westmoreland dealers tomorrow in Crabtree.

Re:Pa prices 9 years 4 months ago #33800

westernPaBilly wrote:

I think am going to pay a visit to two Westmoreland dealers tomorrow in Crabtree.

back from T&T fur buyers and Westmoreland fur post next door, only giving $600 and $650 respectively. T&T said it's been a slow year with few people bringing sang in, said there must be a lot of sang still being held onto by diggers. They heard of only one dealer paying $750 early in the season but has backed off of that considerably The other buyer said basically the same thing and didn't think the price was going to go down but also didn't sound very optimistic. The one took my number down and will call me if it goes up.... If the person that quoted $750 in Westmoreland co. in this thread could give me some names of dealers giving that I would appreciate it.

Re:Pa prices 9 years 4 months ago #33841

I think the thing I've learned from this thread is that unless one gives some specifics like dealers names, time frame etc. it may very well be a lot of BS

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds

Who's Online

We have 563 guests and no members online

Login