2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Question about selling

Question about selling 9 years 5 months ago #33089

I have a scenario that I need some info on. I live in PA, and usually do all my hunting/digging in PA. Next year I have permission to dig on property in NY state, just across the state line. Do I have to keep the NY root separate from what I dig in PA? Do I have to sell NY root to a NY buyer, and PA root to a PA buyer? I want to make sure I have all my ducks in a row before I start hunting next season.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Question about selling 9 years 5 months ago #33090

I know here in Kentucky your not supposed to take it across state lines unless you are licensed to. I would guess it is the same everywhere, but that's just a guess. GOD BLESS

Re:Question about selling 9 years 5 months ago #33091

Mortis, your question is similar to the one I had on a different thread. Apparently, if you plan to cross state lines with ginseng you have to have it certified by the state park. In order to get it certified you have to have a dealers license for that state as well. So, a long story short if you dig in NY you would have to sell those roots in NY. Of course you can always smuggle them, but I never recommend breaking the law no matter how much the law doesn't MAKE SENSE! Good luck with your ventures and hope you find a ton next season.

Re:Question about selling 9 years 5 months ago #33093

Mortis call Dale Smith at 814-225-3452 he buys ny and pa

Re:Question about selling 9 years 5 months ago #33095

Thanks guys, I appreciate all the info.

Re:Question about selling 9 years 5 months ago #33096

Not every state is the same, but more and more require you to be a dealer in order to certify roots to take/ship them out of the state.

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds

Who's Online

We have 470 guests and no members online

Login