2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hong Kong & Prices

Hong Kong & Prices 9 years 6 months ago #32906

Honestly guys I think you need to wait some as after speaking with a Hong Kong buyer recently the turmoil in Hong Kong has far more to do with lower prices currently than anything else, the banks they use are currently shuttered as they are in the occupied area, the main area the ginseng goes to for being received & graded in Hong Kong which is Wing Loc street is a 5-6 block area which is only 1 & 2 thousand feet from the Admiralty & Central areas where the main occupy group has taken over so this area is basically completely shut down with no real business able to be conducted currently. If they can't get to their main funds they can't buy much and then they have to sit on anything they get as they can't get it to the sorters & graders. The Anti-Occupy movement and the normal hong kong residents are becoming fed up with the movement and beginning to retaliate. Let things settle down over there and according to the buyer they'll be back in force buying but until then only those buyers that aren't linked to the Wing Loc street area which he said was only about 10-15% of the buyers will be buying. The Occupy movement dropped from tens of thousands to thousands & now hundreds last night as we slept and the police began removing barricades and Pro-Hong Kong movement along with gangsters have been protesting the protestors and in some cases attacking them to disperse them.
I think everyone just needs to give it a little time.......

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Hong Kong & Prices 9 years 6 months ago #32913

Thanks GMSPaul, I amongst a lot of folks knew that the Hong Kong issue was part of this problem. The protest can't last forever. Once it fully disperses and the crowds go home. I think the ginseng market will make a full bounce back. We will then be seeing our awesome prices by Novemeber again. I agree with what you stated and what your insider told you. Sweet...

Re:Hong Kong & Prices 9 years 6 months ago #32915

NCSmokiesanger wrote:

Thanks GMSPaul, I amongst a lot of folks knew that the Hong Kong issue was part of this problem. The protest can't last forever. Once it fully disperses and the crowds go home. I think the ginseng market will make a full bounce back. We will then be seeing our awesome prices by Novemeber again. I agree with what you stated and what your insider told you. Sweet...

LOL wish he was my insider. I just happened to be visiting a dealer when 1 of his buyers showed up and I struck up a conversation with him while the buyer was dealing with other diggers that were there selling. Figured who best to pick the mind of than the buyer on hand. Learned a lot in the 1/2hour or so that I spoke with him on the various figures involved. There is however most certainly far more than 2 major exporters of USA wild ginseng according to him.

Re:Hong Kong & Prices 9 years 6 months ago #32917

GMCPaul wrote:

NCSmokiesanger wrote:

LOL wish he was my insider. I just happened to be visiting a dealer when 1 of his buyers showed up and I struck up a conversation with him while the buyer was dealing with other diggers that were there selling. Figured who best to pick the mind of than the buyer on hand. Learned a lot in the 1/2hour or so that I spoke with him on the various figures involved. There is however most certainly far more than 2 major exporters of USA wild ginseng according to him.

thanks for the post and yeah who better to talk to about this. He have any idea what it could reach as far as prices go, if the issues in Hong Kong are sorted.

Re:Hong Kong & Prices 9 years 6 months ago #32919

NCSmokiesanger wrote:

thanks for the post and yeah who better to talk to about this. He have any idea what it could reach as far as prices go, if the issues in Hong Kong are sorted.

I started the conversation off asking where all the Chinese buyers were this year, he then set me straight on the missing buyers being from Hong Kong ( seems from his reaction the Hong Kong buyers they don't really consider themselves Chinese ) then I didn't steer the conversation towards pricing as I felt it wouldn't do much good since he's here to get it for as little as he can. I had to leave when the buyer & his buyer were preparing to discuss business as I was made Well aware it was a private conversation which I fully respected. He did seem to stress that even though they only import's are 1-2% wild to 98%-99% imported cultivated from the US that the wild was still the most Highly Coveted of all root.
main discussion though was the fact the demonstrator's had virtually stopped life from happening there and everyone's hoping that it just goes away.

Re:Hong Kong & Prices 9 years 6 months ago #32936

Yeah I hope so too. Well at least that shed some light on the price decrease. I hope they lose interest and disperse, so a poor hillbilly like me can afford some nice Christmas presents, lol take care and God Bless

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds

Who's Online

We have 291 guests and no members online

Login