2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: North Carolina Price Update: 10/12/14

Re:North Carolina Price Update: 10/12/14 9 years 6 months ago #33160

tnhunter, yeah i'm really just a recreational digger and enjoy getting out about a dozen times during the season. If I end up with a dry pound or two that's great. I just love getting out and hunting ginseng. They do have some really dumb laws in place as far as transporting ginseng. I'm not really sure what the governments business it is what I do with roots I dug on my time on private property. Oh wait, could it be they have to get their cut..:ohmy: How silly of me. How dare we make a little money without the government knowing about it..:P

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:North Carolina Price Update: 10/12/14 9 years 6 months ago #33162

herbuyer, in regards to the quality of roots I dig. I do know what you are saying about low land roots and mountain roots. I have hunted both and there is a huge difference. The majority of the time I hunt on private property that is very close to the national park. (very close to Gatlinburg) Don't worry I use a gps to make sure I don't cross the park line..;) I would say 90 percent of everything I dug this year were high mountain roots and very similar to what you would find in the hills of NC. The mountain side of Blount county holds much of the same terrain and habitat as well.

Re:North Carolina Price Update: 10/12/14 9 years 6 months ago #33173

Back to NC prices are they moving any? The start of buying was the best since then the price hasn't moved from 700 for about 3 weeks now. Any thoughts

Re:North Carolina Price Update: 10/12/14 9 years 5 months ago #33179

Well xl seng, here in Haywood County in Western NC.

Re:North Carolina Price Update: 10/12/14 9 years 5 months ago #33180

NCSmokiesanger wrote:

Well xl seng, here in Haywood County in Western NC.

sent it before I finished...my bad....lol.... The prices haven't moved either. Still $720 a pound dry, and $180 a pound wet.

Re:North Carolina Price Update: 10/12/14 9 years 5 months ago #33186

Still a long way from where it ended last year!

Re:North Carolina Price Update: 10/12/14 9 years 5 months ago #33189

very true... started out before the market crash it got up $860 a dry pound here.... then down to $500 a dry lb. now its up to $720 a dry lb and sitting still. I keep hearing after thanksgiving its going to get on up there to some nice prices... we will just have to wait n see.

Re:North Carolina Price Update: 10/12/14 9 years 5 months ago #33206

Still buying well dug and handled green/fresh wild North Carolina ginseng 200-230 pound 828-200-1692

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds

Who's Online

We have 393 guests and no members online

Login