2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: indiana price

indiana price 9 years 5 months ago #32406

called a place yesterday in Bloomington, Indiana 525 lb. dry. 600 last week

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:indiana price 9 years 5 months ago #32780

checked a different place today and it was 500 dry. said he had no idea what was going to happen

Re:indiana price 9 years 5 months ago #32812

Been in Florida for a week. Be back in Indiana on the 15th. Already bought over 100 lbs. before I left. Still not sure at what price, but I will be buying when I get home. Terry

Re:indiana price 9 years 5 months ago #33039

I checked with the guy in Bloomington today and he went to $550/lb.

Re:indiana price 9 years 5 months ago #33080

Jacquo wrote:

Thanks for posting. Last week some Indiana buyers were down into the $400.00's for dried, this week everyone's climbed above $500 and most are raising prices slightly every day or 2 now it seems. So it is looking better.

Re:indiana price 9 years 5 months ago #33102

GMCPaul wrote:

Jacquo wrote:

Thanks for posting. Last week some Indiana buyers were down into the $400.00's for dried, this week everyone's climbed above $500 and most are raising prices slightly every day or 2 now it seems. So it is looking better.

Pricing is looking better, but it sure has been a strange year. I like a dollar as much as the next guy, but I do think we as diggers have been spoiled the last couple of years. I remember selling my ginseng for $250/lb., and I was damned glad to get it. Now when we're sitting at $550/lb., you almost go deaf from the belly-aching.

Re:indiana price 9 years 5 months ago #33104

I hear you! I Remember when I would have been tickled to get 500!!!! but its also hard to sell now after the last couple years.

Re:indiana price 9 years 5 months ago #33117

Back from florida and still buying sang! If you have roots to sell you can call me at 260-438-7549 or email me at \"themanleys@mchsi.com\" and we can talk. I need more ginseng, and I am not afraid to buy. Terry

Re:indiana price 9 years 5 months ago #33143

I had a little time to kill at work today, so I checked on the gentleman in Bloomington's ginseng pricing. He is now a $575/lb.

Re:indiana price 9 years 5 months ago #33395

I was driving by the buyer's place in Bloomington today, so I stopped in to chat for a moment. The gentleman there wasn't in a very chatty mood. I don't know if his phone has been ringing non-stop or people are griping about the price, all I know is he wasn't in the mood for small-talk.

Anyway, he's at $575 right now, and that is back down from his high of $600 last week. One interesting thing is that he has a large dry-erase board in his shop that he updates all of his pricing on. Under the ginseng price, he has $575 and underneath he has written, \"NO EXCEPTIONS\". People must be trying to haggle him to death. That could also be causing his less than stellar mood. I'll update later as I know more.

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds

Who's Online

We have 406 guests and no members online

Login